The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.2 [K 4.0.2] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version is a security release and addresses most of the important issues that were discovered in K 4.0.1 and replaces that version. This is a Security release with 1 XSS Vulnerability in Blue Eagle. Crypsis isn't affected for this vulnerability.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.2 are:
- XSS: Fix issue with autolink (thanx for Carsten Schmitz for reporting this)
- Improve Unread
- Load custom if only exists
- If you edit Videos the message will deleted
- Allow Guests to see Userlist = No - but guests find the userlist by entering the URL
- On reply the topic title doesn't appear in breadcrumb
- Blue Eagle: Image upload works only with Max. Avatar File Size
- Enable topicicon option on J25
- Category moderators are displayed as moderator in all
- Crypsis: 3 party plugins don't showed on new topic
- Ban: delete all posts isn't working
- Poll: Fix option lenght
- Page Class value from menu item
- A symbol for locked sticky topics is missing
- Check during install if fileinfo is enabled to use FINFO class
- Crypsis: Add approve color on message
The Kunena 4.0.2 release notes are essential reading before installing K 4.0.2 for the first time or if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Kunena.
Upgrading to K 4.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 4.0.2 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s).
For users who are familiar with older versions of Kunena, an overview of some of key differences is given in Kunena Features in the Wiki.
Find the full online README: Here.
K 4.0.2 is available for download on the download page.
K 3.0 is no longer an active project and support for K 3.X will cease on 31 August 2015.
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 4.1 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October. You can read more about the design objectives for K 4.1 in the article What is Kunena?