Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question SMF 2.x to Kunena 3.0.7 on Joomla 3.3

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by lewism
I am reading lots of stuff which is nothing but confusing so thought I would post here.

I have a customer who went from Kunena to SMF but now wants to convert back to Kunena from SMF.
The searching is filled with yes and no replies meaning some say it can't be done and others say it can or they have done it.

Does anyone know for sure if this can or cannot be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
When you use the kunena migrator, it can't be done right away on J3.
You need to do it on j15. then export the data to the J3 database. If the userid are the same, then it should work. If the joomla user id has changed. then you need to do migration to J3.3 and replacing the users table.

Or you can let it do it for you,

I can do it for you right away on J3.3 (my own migrator)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by lewism
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I have decided to use an old backup copy but I will have to post a new question because something odd is happening.

Thanks again.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by jartsaco

810 wrote: When you use the kunena migrator, it can't be done right away on J3.
You need to do it on j15. then export the data to the J3 database. If the userid are the same, then it should work. If the joomla user id has changed. then you need to do migration to J3.3 and replacing the users table.

Or you can let it do it for you,

I can do it for you right away on J3.3 (my own migrator)

Is somewhere some "ready to use" migrator for that? I have same problem; my customer have SMF 2.X and Joomla 3-website. I want to change forum to Kunena and Im not expert with migrations :/

More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by lewism
Just read the posts in here and follow the examples. I can't help you because it's been too long and have moved on but read and you'll get it.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds