Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Is Kunena good for me? (I'm worried!)

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by horseguards
Hello,

I have a Joomla with phpBB, with a jFusion bridge. The problem I am having is that I can't get friendly URLs. This is the best I can get: domain.com/viewtopic.php?f=715&t=866883

The option the coder gave me is Kunena.

My forum has over 1.2 million posts, and my main worry is about performance.

Will I be better off staying with phpBB without friendly URLs, or migrating to Kunena?

I frequent Joomla.org and the prefer phpBB. This makes me think...

I thank you in advance for your advice!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by mwolf
couple of years ago I had phpbb 3 forum with jfusion, but I decided to migrate to kunena, for several reasons
after all this time I know that I done right thing.
There is always but.
If something is wrong with joomla you will still have forum, if something is wrong with forum you will still have a joomla homepage. 2nd but is if you decide to migrate you will have 1 mysql which is smaller than mysql you have now for phpbb 3, now people can go to your forum directly without even using your joomla homepage.Ofcourse if you decide to migrate you can include even more options on your homepage.
Keep in mind that you do not have PM integrated in kunena but there is extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communication/pms/3206 for that, before you do the migrating give your users a chance to download their PM, since there will be lost.

After all decision is only on your back, make backup, and remember that you will have lot of work to tune up all things, since there is lot stuff to do after migration and some thing are not the same like in phpbb 3. I almost forgot, all url you now have on forum which is pointing to other topics on your forum will not work anymore since you will change all that with migrating to kunena.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by horseguards
I know, I am aware that migration is a pain, that I will need a careful mod_rewrite job, etc, but my main worries are about performance and SEO.

How good is Kunena for SEO?
Can it take 1.2 million posts with similar performance as phpBB?

Thank you for your advice! I am very carefull cause I know if I take this road I can't go back.

More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by mwolf
Performance is great
for SEO I can talk only for me it is ok even better than I had while I used joomla + phpb 3, but I do not have nearly that big community as you have and realy do not know how jfusion bridge is improved (or not) during this time.

my advice is make a test homepage and make a migration there and test it :) for performance, but I am sure you will be satisfied with performance

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by horseguards
thank you very much

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds