Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Phpbb > Kunena > Joomla 2.5.1 > Joomla 3.3.3 > Left Profile missing in posts

More
9 years 6 months ago #11 by 810
I think there is a issue with user id.

Try clean joomla 2.5 website (new database)
- copy phpbb database to the new one.
- install kunena importer 1.7.0
- install kunena 1.7.2
- Go to migrator- select bb3
- select all options.
- click on migrate.
- install kunena 2.0.4
- then install kunena 3.0.6
- Look if it works. then update j2.5 to J3.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josvdwoude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #12 by Josvdwoude
Hello again!

Hey 810, thanx for your help yesterday, i try'd your list and it worked in so far, but again this crap server was complaining about internal server errors, get sick of it. looking for another one atm, and i had to remove the Jfusion connection in phpbb.

Ow and wen you create a Joomla 2.5.1> new installation.. better know to turn off "Notification Mail to User" in the "User - Joomla!" Plugin, hehe. Because wen i imported all users from the phpbb3 with the Kunena Importer, it sends everyone a new password XD "300+", had to change the directory and config, so no one could see my test site .. :P.

(After this i removed all users from joomla :P and just imported the tables from the original database, so no passwords got lost, and re-did the importation, because it failed 2 times anyway).

Than i had to upgrade joomla from 2.5.1 to 2.5.11, so i could install the Kunena 3.0.06. Wen i try'd to upgrade to Joomla 3.3.3, off course Internal server error XD, but in the background it did the install and it was updated! wooh!

And the profiles were alive! again.
So i exported the database tables, and imported them @ the test site "start" were you have been playing. Did a re-install, re-sync, etc.. but still no profiles, when you post a new message it does work, so all old messages don't have a left profile info etc.. Kinda weird communication with the database.

Anyway, i was sick of it again. sooo i worked my ass of, adding everything from the other joomla to this new joomla with working profiles manual. Still not done though.

So my problem is fixed, i got one running OK now, but i was seriously not in for manual again, Should be nice to fix this for future phpbb > Kunena importations ^^.

Thanx for your help! You probably see me back on this forum!
Got some ideas and questions, this for another time first things first.

And if interested your log in is still active, so take a look for your own curiosity.
Will remove it tomorrow.

Greets

Always glad to help!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Josvdwoude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds