Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Changing phpBB to Kunena

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1 by coder4life
Hello Oscarfishlover,

Unfortunately it is not easy and will require a migrator with a good knowledge of how to do scripting and SQL queries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #2 by nutter308
Replied by nutter308 on topic Changing phpBB to Kunena
Check on the Joomla extensions website, there are good non-commercial tools on there to help you migrate. Our community was in a similar position to you with migrating from phpbb to Kunena when we were upgrading from J1.5 to 2.5.

I think we used the Kunena Importer tool with Kunena 1.7.x ( link ), below is a topic discussing a similar method I would use:
www.kunena.org/forum/migrate-to-kunena/1...3-0-to-kunena#146735

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #3 by JuergenBY
Replied by JuergenBY on topic Changing phpBB to Kunena
Hi,
i`m thinking about to move from phpbb (v3.0.12) to Kunena, too. I have some questions and hope to get some helpfull answers ;-)

1. What i read from several threads, i have to go this way:

- Install Joomla (2.5.19)
- install Kunena 1.7
- use importer tool for Kunena 1.7 (wich one, 1.70, 1.71, 1.72?)
- upgrade Kunena to 3.05

Do i need to install with Kunena 1.7 the Kunena addons too, if i want them to use with 3.05?

Is there any possibility, to send the user the new password later, like a massmail?

I read somewhere, that a newer import tool version exist as an inofficial version. Could i have this version, too?

Thanks for your advices in advance,

Juergen

P.S.: please forgive my bad english...
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by JuergenBY. Reason: added phpbb version

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #4 by nutter308
Replied by nutter308 on topic Changing phpBB to Kunena

JuergenBY wrote: Do i need to install with Kunena 1.7 the Kunena addons too, if i want them to use with 3.05?

If I understand your question correctly, during your migration process you will only need to install the Kunena component. Don't install the addons until the very end as this will help keep things simple for you.

JuergenBY wrote: Is there any possibility, to send the user the new password later, like a massmail?

User's account details such as password is managed by the Joomla CMS, you can check the JED for something to meet this requirement. I have never had to do this so I can't help much with this.

JuergenBY wrote: I read somewhere, that a newer import tool version exist as an inofficial version. Could i have this version, too?

I would recommend you stick with the tried and tested method you mentioned above that has worked for many. Also always make a backup of your stuff before starting anything.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by nutter308.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by Muug
Replied by Muug on topic Changing phpBB to Kunena
Hi,
doing such things like migrating from one technology to another always comes down to this : it'll cost you time or money.
As I didn't have time nor knowledge to try and migrate my phpbb3 forum to kunena3 I contacted cms2cms.com to do the migration. All it took was 98$. The tech guys were very generous and they helped me very quick and very good. Due to some technical issues I could not launch the migration myself but this was no probem at all. They did everything within a day and without fuss. I must thank these guys for being so professional and polite !
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by binod
Replied by binod on topic Changing phpBB to Kunena
I recently migrated my phpbb3 forum to kunena3, which is:

mixerp.org/erp/kunena/index.html

You can download the migration script from here:
mixerp.org/erp/14-open-source-projects/1...igration-script.html

Please follow my open source projects MixERP Project and phpBB to Kunena Migration Script on Github.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds