Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Telligent Community to Kunena

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by Ylinen
We have a large implementation of Telligent Community Server with over 770,000 threads.

We are considering moving to Joomla and Kunena.

Are there any tools to make the migration?

Has anyone done this sort of migration from these two products?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
The little bit of research that I did indicates that Telligent Community is a fairly "old" system based around ASP.NET, SQL Server (which I presume would have to be hosted on a Microsoft IIS Server).

While almost anything is possible - depending on the size of one's budget, of course - migrating from this kind of platform to Apache, PHP, MySQL (with Joomla and Kunena) would be an "interesting challenge" to say the very least!

I think it's fair to say that, after this question was asked and has remained unanswered for over 3 months, no-one here is aware of any "tools" to make the migration, no-one has done this sort of thing before and, if you are "considering" moving to Joomla with Kunena, I suggest you read I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... .

I would urge you to not delay making your decision to move to Joomla and Kunena. Joomla is a technology with a future whereas I could not say the same about Telligent Community.

It may be possible to migrate your Telligent Community Server data (containing over 770,000 topics/threads) if this data is important to you; it may be possible for you to do this yourself if you have the time, the energy and the know-how or, if you prefer, pay someone else to do this kind of work for you. Without knowing anything about Telligent Community Server I would imagine that the migration would not be too difficult but it would take a week or two to familiarise oneself with the technology in order to implement a solution.

Are you interested in paying someone to do this kind of work for you? I would guess that this kind of ad hoc work, involving over a week of someone's time, would not come cheaply and you should probably be budgeting for a minimum cost of $1,000.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds