Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from Ninjaboard 2.0.3 to Kunena 2.0.4

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by ProgenOnline
I am having a problem getting all of my topics to show up after trying to ditch the now dead Ninjaboard Forums, and convert to Kunena. I run a guild website for my friends and I and was taken in by Ninjaboards "Chameleon" technology. Its working fine but as we use it more, we noticed that there were many things missing that we all wanted.

I go to the Ninjaboard site only to notice a post from the developers themselves saying that they have put off development of Ninjaboard until further notice, which was posted in Aug. 2012. So now im stuck with a dead forum.

I want to migrate my forums to kunena but since there is no current Kunena Importer for 2.0.4, ive had to do a round about way of trying to get it to work. So here are my steps that leads me to my problem:

1. I install Kunena 1.7 as the only working kunena importer works on that version
2. I install the Kunena Importer and run it. I truncate the tables using the truncate button. I then receive and Error associated with user subscriptions, and some errors saying "Copy Failed", but when i load my forums about 80% of our forum posts are there. Several are missing the thread creator, but no idea how to fix that.
3. I then install and upgrade Kunena 2.0.4 and get the green light across the board. I then load my forums and out of the 25 threads, only 3 are listed. All other posts are gone.

I am not sure exactly where to start fixing the problem, perhaps fix in 1.7, then fix 1.7-2.0.4 errors, but i know i do need some help from much more experienced men/women than I.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as all i want to do is ditch Ninjaboard and get to Kunena!

::Update::

I noticed that if i go to the front end of my forums and click on my user profile, it lists my missing posts as in Category "Top Level", which i dont have a category defined as "Top Level". Hope this helps diagnose whats wrong, not sure how to change it.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by ProgenOnline.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds