Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Important Submit button / server optimizations conflicts?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by xreliable
I got a new server with updated php and also did some server optimizations per various recommendations on joomla.org and elsewhere. Since migrating to the new server everything has been running great with the exception of some intermittent problems that end users are having with Kunena. The first problem was that posts were getting posted in the wrong threads. I've been optimizing the db regularly and this seems to have resolved that problem. What hasn't been resolved seems to be related to caching. Users are reporting that when they reply to a message they fill out the reply form but when they click the Submit button, nothing happens. I have not been able to reproduce this problem and there is nothing in the error logs. I thought maybe a javascript issue but the feedback that I've gotten is from various browsers and OS so I have not been able to nail that down. However having the users empty their browser cache fixes the issue for them temporarily.

Although I do intend to update to J! 3 and dump Jomsocial I have not done so yet and the site / kunena configuration is the same as before the server move. The changes are with the server optimizations. I believe the issue has to do with caching and what is not showing in the kunena config report is the following that I am running:

1) nginx as a reverse proxy
2) memcached module
3) APCu extension
4) mod_pagespeed
5) Admin Tools Pro
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mortti.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by Mortti
Please give your Kunena configuration report as it is.
I delete that what was because it show some confidential details for guest and registered members here....

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by xreliable
Not sure what you mean. There was confidential info in what I included?

Mortti wrote: Please give your Kunena configuration report as it is.
I delete that what was because it show some confidential details for guest and registered members here....

More
9 years 6 months ago #4 by Mortti
I hope this Michael/sozzled video help you with configuration report.

vimeo.com/69818669

Time to create page: 0.952 seconds