Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Disable Reply but allow Edit Own

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by achartier
I have a category I use for buy/sell/trade. Users can post to it but they must leave instructions on how to contact them for follow up. In this way the community isn't seeing a bunch of responses to the posting. I do however want the originator to be able to edit the posting (Indicate a thing is sold etc) or to delete the posting. Unfortunately when I set the Joomla Group allowed to reply to none this causes all of the edit type buttons to disappear.

Any solution for this? My configuration below:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : tk_responsi_free | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is an interesting problem. I haven't personally investigated how to make this work so that you can disable replies in a topic but still allow the person who posted in the topic to edit (make changes) to what they wrote.

Yes, of course, it's possible to set up a category so that all registered users can create new topics while, at the same time, not preventing registered users (including everyone who can create new topics) from changing what they post.

I am guessing that the following three settings come into play:
  1. Forum Configuration » Security » User Related » User Edits = Yes
  2. Forum Configuration » Security » User Related » User Edit Time = 0
  3. Forum Configuration » Security » User Related » User Edit Grace Time = 600

These are the default values and these are the settings you have used in your case. Perhaps if you tweak the third of those settings you may get a different result. I would be interested to know what you find out and let the rest of the community know the results of your testing.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by achartier
I tried a grace time of 0 and a grace time of 600000000, neither showed the edit button.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your feedback. As I wrote, I haven't personally tried this for myself and it may be that when you set the category permissions to allow people to create a new topic but, at the same time, disable the ability to reply to those topics posted in those categories then, at the same time, you also disable the ability to edit what is posted when the topic was created.

This sounds to me like an unfortunate restriction but it may be simply the way that the idea was implemented. I will advise the team of this issue and let the team members investigate and let us know what, if anything, can be done about it.

See Github issue #1862

*** Update and move topic to new category **

I have also marked this topic as a "defect" but we cannot give you any assurances that this defect will be resolved within any specific time frame. As I write earlier, this is an interesting problem and the restriction does seem to me to be unreasonable in this case.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by achartier
Thanks. I appreciate your help.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
Quick fix, open the file /components/com_kunena/site/template/blue_eagle/html/topic/default_message_actions.php and at line 43 change that part :
Code:
<div class="kmessage-buttons-cover"> <div class="kmessage-buttons-row"> <?php if (empty($this->message_closed)) : ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('quickreply'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('reply'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('quote'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('edit'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('moderate'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('delete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('permdelete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('undelete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('publish'); ?> <?php else : ?> <?php echo $this->message_closed; ?> <?php endif ?> </div> </div>

to that :
Code:
<div class="kmessage-buttons-cover"> <div class="kmessage-buttons-row"> <?php if (empty($this->message_closed)) : ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('quickreply'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('reply'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('quote'); ?> <?php else : ?> <?php echo $this->message_closed; ?> <?php endif ?><?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('edit'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('moderate'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('delete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('permdelete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('undelete'); ?> <?php echo $this->messageButtons->get('publish'); ?> </div> </div>

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: achartier

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #7 by achartier
Works, thank you.

Note, file path on my system was slightly different, did not include the site directory. On my system it was /components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/html/topic/default_message_actions.php

Will this roll into a production release?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by achartier.

More
10 years 6 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

It will be in next maintenance release, i can't say when it will be released

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 5 months ago #9 by achartier
I have discovered an undesirable side effect of this change. Our categories are moderated. When we approve the post it goes out to all subscribers. With this change the originator can indeed edit the posting but it becomes pending approval again (which I can see the value in). I have not confirmed whether the email request to the moderators for approval goes out or not.

What is happening though is once it is re-approved emails go out to all the subscribers again and this is definitely not a desired effect.

I wonder if it has something to do with the moderator edit problem in my other post.

More
10 years 5 months ago #10 by Matias
I think that the correct behavior would indeed to make the topic back to review needed state, but when reviewed and approved, it shouldn't trigger another email.

This is because of we don't want to change current behavior in a bugfix release. In the future it's probably better to allow users to edit (configuration option) without post hiding in the process.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds