Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [CRITICAL BUG] Reproducible Problem after Upgrading Kunena 4.0.5 to 4.0.6

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by alQamar3
Hello,

I am a new user here. First of all I had issues to create an account because it seems that not only GMX Email is troubling as described on the register page but also outlook.com does not receive any confirmation emails. Please delete my duplicate accounts alQamar, alQamar2 after investigating why those email adresses have not received any confirmation emails. Thanks in advcance.

Regarding my Kunena Problem:
I have made a backup of my IIS and SQL before I have updated from Kunena 4.0.5 to 4.0.6 using the backend of Joomla.

The upgrade of Kunena, incl. german language pack and some other kunena related packages ran with no error!

However everytime after I have updated from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6 I see that there is a severe problem with my forum. As far as I can see this is caused by the module "Kunena Latest".

Instead of my usual homepage I got only 2 ascii characters displayed. When I deactivate the module Kunena Latest my Joomla webpage is operational but I cannnot access anything related kunena related with the same error.

Used Browser is Firefox currently 41.0.1, which is also used by the majority of our visitors.

However when I downgrade to 4.0.5 the error is gone. This error is reproducible each time I upgrade to 4.0.6. I have waited for a patch / hotfix in the last weeks after Kunena 4.0.6 was published but so far there is none available that is also recognized by the autoupdating feature.

Tried measures so far:
- Purging caches in Joomla
- purging browser cache
- repair Kunena menu
- checking for Joomla / Database errors

nothing of that helped to solve the issue.

Here is my configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

The used template is Crypsis 4.0.6

This is the first time I am running into troubles, that cause an inoperable site / forum after updating Kunena. So far I was very happy with the smooth and hassle free updates since 4.0.

Thanks for any help / hint in advance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by alQamar3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by alQamar3
Again as I am a new user I hope I have chosen an appropriate subforum. If it is rather recommended to post this kind of problem here: www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-4-0-support-reporting-defects

in order to receive a solution please drop me a line. Thank you very much again.

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by rich

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by coder4life
Hello alQamar3. Unfortunately I am not entire sure how to fix this problem. A big flag though is you mentioned something about IIS and SQL. Kunena has only been tested with the Apache webserver and MySQL or Maria DB. Although it is technically possible to run on the systems provided, it may have caused some things to not run correctly.

It is also possible to run the upgrades again from the Joomla backend by re-uploading the appropriate package and see if the upgrade completes correctly. Some servers in general sometimes have an issue and do not completely correctly.

Also make sure to disable any integration plugins with other software, sometimes they create issues with newer version of Kunena.

Hope that helps to give you an idea where to look and steps to try.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by coder4life.

More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by alQamar3

rich wrote: Have you installed Admin Tools? Please read this post .

Yes I am running Admin Tools 3.6.3, do you think I should disable them?
The are not linked on the forum / Joomla webpage.

More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by alQamar3
Hello,

sorry, I am not using MS SQL but MySQL. Webserver is indeed IIS and running fine with 4.0.5. I will try to download the package manually and install it again via the Joomla backend.

--

edit: I have manually downloaded and successfully reinstalled all Kunena Components:

www.kunena.org/download

pkg_kunena_v4.0.6_2015-09-28
pkg_kunena_languages_v4.0.6_2015-09-28

mod_kunenalatest_v3.1.1.1_2015-09-28
mod_kunenalogin_v3.1.1_2015-09-28
mod_kunenasearch_v3.1.1_2015-09-28
mod_kunenastats_v3.1.1_2015-09-28
plg_content_kunenadiscuss_v3.1.1_2015-09-28
plg_search_kunena_v3.1.1_2015-09-28
tmpl_kunena_crypsisb3_v4.0.6_2015-09-28

Hence nothing changed :/ Still just see this ASCII chars on my webpage, perhaps try it your own: www.gamez-clan.de
Attachments:

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #7 by alQamar3
Hi guys,

I can 100% reproduce that Kunena Latest 3.1.1.1 is causing the issue. As soon I disable it, the forum and Joomla webpage works again.

Any ideas?

Find the Kunena modules and plugins attached.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by alQamar3.

More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you set on "Maxmimum" the setting Errors reports in tab server in Joomla configuration panel ?

Do-you see an error now when you have the Kunena latest enabled ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alQamar3

More
8 years 5 months ago #9 by alQamar3
Good idea!

Here is the output, in addition to these ASCII characters:

Notice: Undefined property: KunenaTemplateCrypsis::$ktemplate in C:\Server\Webpage\gamez-clan-30\libraries\kunena\template\template.php on line 804

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Server\Webpage\gamez-clan-30\libraries\kunena\template\template.php on line 804

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null in C:\Server\Webpage\gamez-clan-30\libraries\kunena\template\template.php on line 804

I think this refers to the Crypsis Template.

More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: alQamar3

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds