Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important New Topic and Search Not working

More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by hsmith
I'm new to Kunena, but I recently installed it on my Joomla 3.4 site. However, the new topic "button" (menu item) is not working. When you click on "new topic", the page reloads but does not redirect to the new topic page. I checked the menu item structure and everything looks fine.

URL: new.mojooutdoors.com/index.php/forum

I have permission to add a new topic and I have the section and categories set up properly.

I also thought it might be sh404sef messing it up, but I turned that off temporarily and I got the same result. Any thoughts?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jm_futura | author: JoomlaMan.com | version: 2.1 | creationdate: Feb 2014

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-11-16

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.7 | 2015-11-16 [ Albareto ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.3.0.1671

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.1.1

Modules: Kunena Login 3.1.1 | Kunena Search 3.1.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
try with default joomla template protostar.

id that doesn't work, then you need to disable all none kunena and default joomla plugins

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by hsmith
Tried all of that and still does not work...

What do you think would be causing this problem? I am able to reply to topics, but I can't access the new topic page, even though I have permission.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by hsmith
Would uninstalling and reinstalling kunena and all plugins work?

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled

hsmith wrote: Would uninstalling and reinstalling kunena and all plugins work?

I do not think this will make the slightest difference in your case. I also do not believe that using a different Joomla template will make affect your problem.

I went to your website. I see the problem. The problem is caused by the way that you have implemented SEF URLs and the way that your website re-routes the destination of the Search (and, possibly, New Topic) menu item(s).

If you plan on using sh404SEF and continue to have problems using Kunena then my suggestion is to create a new topic here, on this forum, in the sh404SEF category. In that way you will receive the proper help you're after.

You might also like to read some background information about sh404SEF and Kunena in the topic To what extent does sh404SEF support Kunena?

When you wrote that you "tried all that", I assume that you meant you uninstalled or disabled all plugins and/or components that are not related to Kunena or Joomla. Is that what you meant? Did you try to uninstall sh404SEF?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by hsmith
I have disabled sh404sef and removed all url redirect entries. Additionally, i disabled the joomla redirect plugin and reinstalled Kunena.

Now I can get to the search page, but still cannot start a new topic. What am I missing? What else could be interfering with the "new topic" and "my topic" pages?

More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by rich
You've still redirects. Please empty your cache.

More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by hsmith
Definitely not a problem with redirects. After re-checking that all redirect plugins and components were turned off, it still wouldn't work. I decided to uninstall and downgrade to kunena 3.0. Now it miraculously works. Could this be some bug within either the template included with kunena 4.0 or the kunena 4.0 component itself? Strange that it wouldn't happen with 3.0.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds