Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved 3.08 to 4.01 upgrade failure

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Socratic
Hi,

I'm having some trouble upgrading Kunena 3.0.8 to the latest version 4.0.1.

When using the "Install from Web" option in Joomla 3.4.1, the 'whirly' joomla icon rotates for a few seconds and then I get the following errors...

Yellow box: "Warning. JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected"
Red box: "Error. Archive does not exist. Unable to find install package"

Screenshot...

Stuff I've tried so far...
  • I read through a bunch of posts here and disabled the "Kunena - Joomla Integration" plugin as suggested - it didn't work.
  • I uninstalled Kunena v3.0.8 completely and then tried again - same failure and same error messages.
  • I've also tried the "Upload package file" option with the same result.

I have no problems installing any other extensions.

Anyone got any idea what's going on? All help is really appreciated. Thank you.

No trees were cut down in order to send this message...
                                             ...but an awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Did-you have checked the rights in the following directories:

/administrator/components
/components
/libraries
/logs
/media
/plugins
/plugins/system
/tmp

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Socratic

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Socratic
Thanks for your help xillibit, but sadly that wasn't the problem in this case (although you did somewhat accidentally lead me to the answer - cheers)!

Luckily, it turns out that thanks to the fact that a couple of folders remained "unwritable" in Joomla's eyes no matter what I did to their permissions, I discovered that while I had recently changed the webspace's account name in that server's Plesk control panel (which had automatically altered the directory structure accordingly), I hadn't changed the paths of the Joomla "tmp" and "logs" folders in Joomla's "Global Configuration" page (those Joomla paths were still pointing to the old linux path that no longer existed). That was the cause of the failure. As soon as I updated these paths to the correct locations, the installation worked fine and I now have Kunena v4!!

I hope this helps anyone else who's as trigger-happy as I am with their linux server settings in future! ;)

Now, how do I mark this problem as "Solved"? :kiss:

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

Socratic wrote: Now, how do I mark this problem as "Solved"?

Edit any of your messages in this topic and change the topic icon to a green tick.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Socratic

More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Socratic
Done!

Cheers for the help! ;)

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds