Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Remove forum breadcrumbs (top and bottom) and "Mark all topics read" button

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by alanhome
Hi, I'm using Joomla 3.1.4, Kunena 3.0.2, Blue Eagle template. I want to remove the breadcrumbs at the top and bottom of the forum, and the "Mark all topics read" buttons. I've searched the forum and can't find anything that works for 3.0.2. Does anyone have any suggestions/directions? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi,

Open the display.php file in the html folder of your current Kunena template. If you remove the top pathway and bottom pathway you need comment two lines.
Code:
$this->displayLoginBox (); //$this->displayBreadcrumb (); <-- Comment this line // Display current view/layout $this->displayLayout(); //$this->displayBreadcrumb (); <-- Comment this line $this->displayFooter ();

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by alanhome
You're awesome, thanks!

Also, your avatar looks like Val Kilmer's little brother...

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Even easier with CSS. Add the following lines to the end of your Joomla CSS template file (which means you will never again have to hack Kunena PHP code when you upgrade from one version to the next):
Code:
#Kunena .kforum-pathway { display: none; } #Kunena .klist-markallcatsread input.kbutton { display: none; }
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by mikm27
I tried adding those lines to my css (in custom.css) but it had no effect - the breadcrumbs still appear. (Just a note - I was successful in adding css to hide the profile box.) Is there something wrong maybe with these lines of css? Just asking - I'd hate to have to change PHP.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
8 months ago, when this topic was started, people were using a very different version of Kunena. I don't think the solution has changed (but I have been known to have been wrong) and we've had hours (or is it days, weeks, months?) of discussions about the "best way" to make changes to Kunena without completely messing it up.

It's hard to know what changes you've added to your "custom.css" - it sounds like the right name for a custom .CSS file to me - unless your Joomla site template never calls it.

I would strongly advise against messing around with PHP files. There is a new version of Kunena on the way soon and you really don't want to have to make all these custom changes again if you change the original source code for Kunena (because the new version is an important release and the new version will overwrite all the originally-installed Kunena files on your site ... unless you preserve your template somehow by creating your own, personal Kunena template.)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7 by rich
Many Joomla templates have a custom.css for own changes. The code still works. Maybe it needs only a "!important" at the end if this code is added in the custom.css.
Code:
#Kunena .kforum-pathway { display: none !important; }
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds