Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Creating a BBcode toolbar for dark-themed templates

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by N6REJ
is there another bbcode icon bar more suited to dark templates?
or perhaps a way to style the entire tr? I can see how to style just the icon background but it really should see the entire bar not just the icons themselves if it makes any sense.
I really hope cyprsis supports dark templates well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by ChaosHead
Try this one. It looks fine on a dark template.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by ChaosHead.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by N6REJ
where would I put that?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #4 by N6REJ
nvm, i c where
doesn't solve the problem though :(

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by N6REJ.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
I realise that this is an ancient subject and there hasn't been any movement on it in ages.

Recently, when I was building a website that uses a Kunena forum, I wanted to experiment with the use of font-based glyphs instead of the images you see in the BBcode toolbar on this site.

As we know, the standard Kunena BBcode toolbar does a bit of fancy CSS fiddling with the image ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/media/iconsets/editor/default/default.png. If people use a dark-themed template, the "images" may not render as "nicely" as people would like to see them. Also, when a person uses browser zooming, these images become less clear when they're enlarged.

Instead of using image-based glyphs, I experimented with a couple of different fonts - there are a lot of them around (e.g. Glyphicons Halflings, FontAwesome, IcoMoon) - to produce a toolbar like this:

There are three benefits in using font-based gylphs:

(1) the clarity remains consistent if you zoom in or out;
(2) you can customise each tool quite easily (font-size, colour, background, etc.) instead of having to redesign a whole new set of images; and
(3) you do not have to change the Kunena source-code.

The downside is that you can only use a single colour but, if you look at a lot of professionally developed software today - particularly those products developed by Apple (e.g Safari, iTunes) - there's a trend in using monochromatic, font-based glyphs.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by N6REJ
tell me more about this.. what changes are necessary. Other then being monochromatic i really like it.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
I had to make a lot of changes to my Joomla site template CSS. (I can't remember, but it was about 200 lines.)

I can demonstrate the effect but my site is one that you have to pay to join.

The forum at this site is K 3.0.5 using an unmodified Blue Eagle template. I made no changes to the Kunena CSS files. All the changes were made by creating a separate file of CSS modifications that only affect the forum - in other words, they only affect the "#Kunena" elements - and "@include" this file when the site CSS is loaded.

If you're interested you can look at my site but, like I said, I developed this site as a way of generating some extra "pocket money" in return for the thousands of questions that people have asked over the years.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Is there anything else you would like me to tell you about how you can find a solution to your question or can we mark this as "resolved"? :dry:

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #9 by N6REJ
its certainly not resolved but I don't see anything constructive coming, kunena support has seriously degraded. So mark it closed
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by N6REJ.

Time to create page: 0.722 seconds