Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How to modify the EDIT button in My Profile

More
10 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled

Nemo10 wrote: I can assure you I don't change anything without backing up the file first, and so far only as directed in this topic.

Which file are we talking about? Your Joomla site template CSS file or the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #12 by Nemo10
The latter.

However, I've just played around with the parameters for the Kunena Blue Eagle template from within the backend and found a compromise that at least makes the EDIT button noticeable.

It will serve.

Thanks for your assistance.

Oh for a neat solution...

More
10 years 9 months ago #13 by sozzled
Nemo10: I am pleased that you have a solution you can work with.

Nemo10 wrote: I can assure you I don't change anything without backing up the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css first, and so far only as directed in this topic.

For the benefit of anyone who may be tempted to directly edit, change, save, use or otherwise fiddle about with the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css (and at the risk of repeating the advice that I have consistently written on dozens, if not hundreds, of occasions in the past) ...

Do not directly edit, modify or fiddle about with the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

except as the last resort, after all else fails, and as long as you are prepared to bear the risk that you will probably cause more problems for yourself in future if you take this course of action.

The Kunena team does not endorse, support or direct people to directly modify the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css.

There are many reasons why we do not recommend modifying the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css. I have given a few of those reasons in the topic "Invisible text" - text font colour is the same as background colour .

Unless the changes can be made using the Kunena Template Manager, if people want to change the way that Kunena behaves on their website they should make custom CSS changes that affect Kunena by adding the necessary directives to the end of their Joomla site template CSS file. That's my recommendation; that's the recommendation of all members of the Kunena team; that's the recommendation of people who design and build Joomla templates for a living.

The point is, that having modified the Kunena template CSS file, all these custom changes to the file ../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css, will have to be done again when people upgrade to K 3.0.1 which is expected to be released in the next day or so. And, in anticipation of questions that people may ask about the CSS for the [K 3.0.1 version of the] Blue Eagle template, K 3.0.1 has a couple of minor changes.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14 by Nemo10
Thank you for that detailed explanation, I was ignorant of the ramifications and can fully appreciate your position regarding the template css file and the dangers inherent in stuffing around with it..

As it turns out I have both fixed the problem (more than one as it turned out) and pinpointed the cause, if not the reason, why that peculiar behavior of the different views of the Profile EDIT button based on rank. It also fixed another topic I raised where the NEW (green) flag in RECENT POSTS was indistinct.

I was looking into why my Admin rank of RED was affecting that EDIT in PROFILE, and members were a Dark Green EDIT. I wondered if I could just change the colour of the ordinary ranks ( Hmm.. Dark Green spots ? ) to something else that would be more visible.
THEN I wondered if the lowermost field in the Bluebird 2.0 template parameters might have some bearing, the one that gives the option of "Blend with Joomla template" Yes/No
Currently set to YES ( I know.. Aha! you would be thinking..)
As it is, I have a completely independent site (VERY basic, just Kunena has been worked on) set up and running with Joomla 3.0 and Kunena 3.1 (yesterdays release) for a test bed only, for trying out various normal Control Panel and other back end options.. I found that it was also set to YES. I have done no tweaking at all of the template on this test site,the colour fields are all blank so it is unlikely I would have changed that last field.. Whether I did or not is a moot point since it was the reason for all that I've been concerned about. It may also mean something to you as to why changing any values in the template css didn't show up.

I'll leave that file as it is and just let the next upgrade replace it.

I'm sorry to have seemed a dodo on all this but I really only want the best of all Kunena has for my members and realise only too well the hazards of venturing out of your depth.

Anyway, the outcome is that everything now looks just like it does on your site, even the green NEW flag is the same as yours, the EDIT is white,,for anybody, and as well the profile edit buttons (the four) which previously on both sites had no outline, now have.

Thanks for your patience, I'm very happy to see it all resolved.

Oh for a neat solution...

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds