Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Moving the data

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by sublevel4
Moving the data was created by sublevel4
I am having trouble upgrading from joomla 2.5 to 3. I have tried everything. so here is my question.
If i install joomla 3 and kunena, what is the possibility that i can move the data from the old database to the new install and kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Moving the data
Upgrading from J2 to J3 should be done with just one click. Do you get any error code?

Check if the joomla config have the right temp path. and also check your permissions.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by sublevel4
Replied by sublevel4 on topic Moving the data

810 wrote: Upgrading from J2 to J3 should be done with just one click. Do you get any error code?

Check if the joomla config have the right temp path. and also check your permissions.

yes it should be just one click but i have tried for a week to get it to work and i can't i have posted to the joomla forums and received some help. but all they can say is that i must still have a third party plugin or extension left behind, i disabled everything that wasn't joomla standard and tried it and still got nothing. i disabled eveything that it would let me disable in the plugins, extensions, and modules. I tried to do the upgrade i got internal server error at 82.6% which is about as far as i can get.

So i was looking at setting up 3 and moving the data.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by fatmanmedia
Replied by fatmanmedia on topic Moving the data
I'm in the process of doing the same, I’m moving from j2.5 to j3.3 I’ve tried a straight sql move, that is moving the tables from j2.5 to j3.3 and I have the members, the ranks, the images moved but the categories and posts have not moved.

I'm too looking for some help.

Fats

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #5 by Amema
Replied by Amema on topic Moving the data
So, no answer to this one?

I have had the exact same problem. I have tried several times to upgrade from Kunena 2 to 3, but the site always crashes. I have succeeded with other sites, so it's obviously some kind of conflict.

Now I really have to get it done, after J2.5 being obsolete. So, is it possible to export Kunena in some way, or do I need to work through the database? I would rather not, 'cause I'm generally a klutz when it comes to mysql. I have moved a few users successfully, by hand, before. But 2000+ posts is something else...

So, again: Is there anyway to move a forum from one database to another wihtout resorting to buying 3rd party migrating software?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Amema. Reason: Missing question mark

More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Moving the data
If the users have the same id. Then you can copy the *_kunena_* tables to your new database, just change the prefix, to the new prefix. Then you can do a kunena install, and all data will be imported.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds