Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "../public_html/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in ../public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

More
9 years 5 months ago #51 by spider22
Hello Team:

I am getting following error during install.... fresh joomla install and first time install this forum software

Kunena Installation Failed!

Sorry, installation failed with following error:

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home1/www/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #52 by theITfactor
Seeing as many people are getting this error, I think it's safe to say it's not an isolated incident and deserves a response from the devs...

Something is definitely botched in that a KPATH_ADMIN directory is being created during install when I highly doubt it should be anything but a variable...

spider22 wrote: Hello Team:

I am getting following error during install.... fresh joomla install and first time install this forum software

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home1/www/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /home1/www/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by theITfactor.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #53 by sozzled

theITfactor wrote: Seeing as many people are getting this error, I think it's safe to say it's not an isolated incident and deserves a response from the devs...

I completely agree with you. This matter deserves a response from the development team and I would enjoy seeing what team members have to write. :)

theITfactor wrote: Something is definitely botched in that a KPATH_ADMIN directory is being created during install when I highly doubt it should be anything but a variable...

I have also seen this (in one case—one of my websites—where I have Kunena installed) and I, too, am curious how this folder was created. Most of the time—when I upgrade from one version of Kunena to another—I use the recommended upgrade method described in the Wiki ( K 3.0 Upgrade Guide ) instead of the "automatic" method. I use the recommended method because there have been many questions asked (and problems reported) over the years by people who rely on "automated" approaches instead of the using something that is "manual" and (perhaps) more reliable. I think it's better to be safe—use the recommended method—than sorry.

However, as we have seen from several contributions in this topic, the problem is not isolated only to upgrading Kunena. The problem seems to also occur with new installations.

I'm not sure why I have, in one case, a ../administrator/KPATH_ADMIN folder (and this folder, in my case, has one file called install.php). It may be that I ugraded using the "automatic" method or it was left-over from some other upgrade; I really don't know the answer. The only thing I can say (in my case) is that I was able to successfully upgrade Kunena after trying to the process again.

I must have performed more than 500 updates of Kunena. I can't remember any time when I had a problem that was not the fault of something I had done wrong.

Perhaps the developers don't know why this happens. Maybe it's one of those strange mysteries that will never be properly understood? I think, though, that it's probably more important to work around the problem —at least to give people some relief—than it is necessarily to understand the root cause and prevent it from happening in future.

In summary, I agree with you that this topic deserves a response from the Kunena developers. :)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55 by PlusOn3
I'm sure that we will be getting an updated version of Kunea that will fix this issue. I just wanted to add that even just installing Kunea, without even enabling it or trying to put it on any of my pages breaks my site.

All I do is install the latest version, I get the installation failure message that everyone else is getting. Then I reload my homepage and I get this error:

Table 'almostga_jmln1.uh46v_kunena_configuration' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM uh46v_kunena_configuration WHERE id=1
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page
Search this site
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

Table 'almostga_jmln1.uh46v_kunena_configuration' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM uh46v_kunena_configuration WHERE id=1

I know very little about this kind of stuff, which is why I use a platform like Joomla to help e do the simplest of things, so this may be something that others are aware of, but I just noticed it and it concerned me.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56 by 810
1) go to extentions - plugins - check if system Kunena plugin is enabled
2) clear cache
3) try to install kunena
4) if not working, instal admintools
5) change database collation. to utf8_general_ci
6) try to install kunena again
The following user(s) said Thank You: joggert

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #57 by rsdclan
Hi.
I am trying to install Kunena on a brand new website, brand new domain.
Website is on Joomla 3.3.6.
I have downloaded the newest release of Kunena, and installed it using Extension Manager (Uploading ZIP file). When I click on Components in the Admin section, and then on Kunena, it gives me this error:

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/anticmus/public_html/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /home/anticmus/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/anticmus/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /home/anticmus/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 4 months ago #58 by rsdclan

More
9 years 3 months ago #59 by joggert

810 wrote: 1) go to extentions - plugins - check if system Kunena plugin is enabled
2) clear cache
3) try to install kunena
4) if not working, instal admintools
5) change database collation. to utf8_general_ci
6) try to install kunena again

This solved the issue for me (clean install on Joomla 3.3.6)

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds