Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "../public_html/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in ../public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

More
9 years 8 months ago #41 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rik Brown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #42 by Rik Brown

810 wrote: Can you look in your database if you have tables with just 1 name. So without your joomla prefix.

Oddly, I only had one Kunena table in my database (jos_kunena_version). I deleted that table and then searched all my Joomla directories and deleted every Kunena directory to do a clean install from scratch. That did the trick and Kunena 3.0.6 installed without a hitch.

Thanks. -- Rik

More
9 years 8 months ago #43 by Matias
This is odd.. Maybe some of the files weren't writable and the installer ended up using old version of the files? In DB kunena_version table shouldn't have any effect on the installation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #44 by euanmcginty
Hi,

I keep getting fatal errors in trying to install Kunena, the message is:

I'm using Joomla 3.3.3 with PHP 5.4.29

Many thanks,

Euan
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by 810.

More
More
9 years 7 months ago #46 by euanmcginty
Many thanks for the response.

I had a look at the Kunena Plugins and enabled the Community Builder Integration one (as I have CB installed). Went back to Kunena and it automatically installed perfectly this time.

More
9 years 7 months ago #47 by jmalcodray
Good morning. I am having this same problem and tried importing the v3.0.6 zip and am getting the same result. It's not working correctly.

For what it's worth, this all worked fine when I tried the 30-days free hosted on CloudAccess.net. But have just set up my account with HostGator and not working correctly, and they tell me it's the plugin.

Frustrated for sure and wondering if I should close this hosting account and move over to CloudAccess.net.

Thoughts? Thank you.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #48 by xillibit

xillibit wrote: Hello,

Try to follow one of these topics, if should help you :

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-installation-...ine-206?limitstart=0
www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-installation-...or-comp?limitstart=0

Did-you have read these topics ?

Why you haven't keept cloudAcess ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49 by tiramizu
I´m sorry but I have the same problem and get the attached error message after installing. I made a fresh installation with no old database entries. I use J3.3.6 and JomSocial.
After getting this error message and a broken installation I uninstalled and checked the database and the webspace of old kunena files. Nothing left. After three times trying to install and reading this forum, I was not able to fix this problem - no plugins to activate etc. What else can I do?

The components menu has several Kunena-Links - but all of them just start the installation process again. The needed pluginas are all active and all components are up-to-date.

And for whom is interested - my errors are:
Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/var/www/vhosts/b4netzwerk.de/httpdocs/websites/b4netzwerk.neu/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /var/www/vhosts/b4netzwerk.de/httpdocs/websites/b4netzwerk.neu/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/b4netzwerk.de/httpdocs/websites/b4netzwerk.neu/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /var/www/vhosts/b4netzwerk.de/httpdocs/websites/b4netzwerk.neu/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

More
9 years 6 months ago #50 by theITfactor

Matias wrote: The above errors mean that for some unknown reason api.php inside administrator folder doesn't either load properly or has wrong contents in it.

There is another thing I suggest: compeletely remove Kunena, unzip the archive and try to install zip files inside /packages manually so that you will install com_kunena as the last package. Before installing the component itself:

* make sure that components/com_kunena and administrator/components/com_kunena do not exist
* go to the plugins and find System - Kunena Forum and enable it

After that the installation should succeed; if not, let me know.

I'm having the exact same problems as everyone else when attempting a fresh install of 3.0.6. I tried all of the above, including clearing the cache, to no avail. The System - Kunena Forum plugin is definitely enabled but I get the same errors everyone else is getting when I try to access Kunena in the administrator components backend:
Code:
Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 12 Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 13 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/******/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 281 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296 Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 699

Extracting the install package and installing each one individually starting with the plugin gave no errors - it wasn't until I tried to access the component in the backend that it gave the above errors.

One curious thing I noticed is that during the install a folder called "KPATH_ADMIN" was created in the /administrator directory, and it contains an empty 0 byte "install.php" file. Is there an error in the install script somewhere that is accidentally creating this directory and file instead of what it should be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Code:
Database Version 5.5.38 Database Collation utf8_general_ci PHP Version 5.5.17 Web Server Apache/2.4.10 (Amazon) PHP/5.5.17 WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable [ Ember ] 01-October-2014 02:00 GMT Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds