Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Ranks/Groups?

More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by nun
Ranks/Groups? was created by nun
I am getting confused with this. I am trying to setup custom styles for groups. I found the following in the stylesheets and updated it and it worked fine

#Kunena .kuser-admin,
#Kunena a.kuser-admin {
background: url( resources.guild-hosting.net/201411251064.../tag_fx/fire_red.gif ) repeat-x;
color: #ff0000 !important;
}

But now I am trying to add different custom groups/ranks. The way this operates is very odd. I was hoping there would be a seamless way to assign a group and have it set these styles as well as permissions for that user. But looking into this I cannot find anywhere that has associations for groups or access levels. All I see are ranks, but adding them does not assign new stylesheets

How can I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Ranks/Groups?
you only can use css for user/guest or admin, for styling groups/ranks, you need to write a new template.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by nun
Replied by nun on topic Ranks/Groups?
What do you mean by write a new template? Could you give me an example to work with if I were wanting to make a new group with custom styling?

More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by nun
bump

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by nun
I want to be able to have different colors for each of these

Legend :: Head Admin, Admin, Mod, Trial Mod, VIP, Donor, Member, Guest, Banned

I can do that by editing the template. But how can I make that reflect the actual users?

More
9 years 4 months ago #6 by 810

More
9 years 4 months ago #7 by nun
Thanks but I already have that setup. My issue is making new groups and how to assign. It seems kunena doesn't have a general way of assigning or managing groups. It seems to be spread out between the forum config as far as mods and banned vs the rest of the site as far as admin etc... Very confusing on how this would be accomplished

More
9 years 3 months ago #8 by nun
bump

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Ranks/Groups?
You cannot do this kind of thing with the Garava template from TemplateKunena (which is designed for K 2.0); as you know , the Garava template does not work with K 3.0.

If you want professional help to develop a custom, dark-themed template you will probably need to pay someone to do this work for you.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds