Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Feature request: moderate anonymous post

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by ruud
Hi,

I run several community websites. On our forums we have the ability for guests to post a reply / topic.
I run into the problem of registered users who 'forget' to login and thus post a reply as guest.

What I do then is change the records in the mysql database (both messages and topics) to reflect the correct user for the reply. This is really bugging me: I don't like hacking in the database and it takes to much work.

Wouldn't it be great if there was the possibility e.g. in the message moderation screen to change the user of a reply if the reply is made by a guest?

I know that the best thing is for the users to actually login, but the problem is that a lot of replies come in via Kunena discuss. Login in will take them away from the page where they want to make a reply.
'remember me' works best, but only for users that login with their joomla account. Nowadays most people login with their social media account > remember me doesn't work :(

hope this makes sense :)

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
This we can't integrate because of the speed of the forum, it will really slow down your forum. Because if you change the message and topics, you should also do a recount users and recount categories. On large website this takes 40min with 1.2m posts and 220k users. And then this is just 1 message you have changed, if you have many messages, your forum is dead slow.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by ruud
Okay, I understand. Recounting statistics can also be done periodically (e.g. with a cron). The immediate gain is that the post is asigned to the correct user profile and avatar. The fact that the statistics are not correct is (at least for me) a lower priority.
When changing the user in the moderator screen a message stating that the countstats are not correct anymore can be displayed. the moderator can then decide to recount now or recount later.

If not recounting,nothing 'breaks' correct?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
correct

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by ruud
cool, but does my argumentation makes sense to have a look at implementing this functionality?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by 810
The idea is good, but we aren't doing it. We will think about it, to do it in an other way.

More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by ruud
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Can you share your thougths on how / where you are thinking of adding this functionality?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by 810
add modal on discuss, so you have 2 options, 1 login or click button to answer anonymous

More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by ruud
Okay, I understand how this can work: by preventing the problem you do not have to 'repair' :)

Good to keep in mind is that a lot of sites use some kind of social login: people login by pressing twitter, facebook, linkedin, G+ button which will register an account or if this has been done earlier login to that account.

result is that a lot of people do not know what their login credentials are other then pressing the social media button. This is a must have because people do not want yet another account.

I use on my sites Easyprofile for this: wherever I place the tag {sociallogin} in the text, this will be replaced by the social media buttons. For the login module I place this tag in de post-text. you can see it when you press the login button (which popups a modal) on one of my sites ( www.lerendeleiders.nl )

That is also why I have disabled the login form on the kunena forum: I cannot place this tag on the login form of kunena :(

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds