Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved All categories Access Nobody or Only Nobody

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by hayden
I have looked in the support docs, and searched the forum for this and cant seem to find a solution. I know how change the categories to public view for access, but I cannot find a way to change ALL CATEGORIES at once to public. I have many categories and subcategories.

How can you change all categories to public viewing read only?

Kunena Ver

I used MigrateMe to move my J1.5 Kunena 1.7 to this new J2.5 Kunena 3.06
When I did that, twice, it changed all the categories to nobody access.

Configuration txt file attached.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: jos_kunena_announcement have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_announcement have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field sdescription jos_kunena_announcement have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field description jos_kunena_attachments have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field hash jos_kunena_attachments have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field folder jos_kunena_attachments have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field filetype jos_kunena_attachments have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field filename jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field name jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field alias jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field accesstype jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field channels jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field description jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field headerdesc jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field class_sfx jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field topic_ordering jos_kunena_categories have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field params jos_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field name jos_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field email jos_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field subject jos_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field ip jos_kunena_messages have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field modified_reason jos_kunena_messages_text have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field message jos_kunena_polls have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_polls_options have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field text jos_kunena_ranks have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field rank_title jos_kunena_ranks have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field rank_image jos_kunena_sessions have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field allowed jos_kunena_sessions have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field readtopics jos_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field code jos_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field location jos_kunena_smileys have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field greylocation jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field view jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field signature jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field avatar jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field personalText jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field location jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field icq jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field aim jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field yim jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field msn jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field skype jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field twitter jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field facebook jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field gtalk jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field myspace jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field linkedin jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field delicious jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field friendfeed jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field digg jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field blogspot jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field flickr jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field bebo jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field websitename jos_kunena_users have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field websiteurl jos_kunena_users_banned have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field ip jos_kunena_users_banned have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field reason_private jos_kunena_users_banned have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field reason_public jos_kunena_users_banned have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field comments jos_kunena_users_banned have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field params jos_kunena_version have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field version jos_kunena_version have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field build jos_kunena_version have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field versionname jos_kunena_version have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field state

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_iridescent | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.1.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Thank you.

Hayden
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
try
Code:
<query>UPDATE `jos_kunena_categories` SET pub_access=1 WHERE pub_access=0;</query>

in the phpmyadmin on your database.

Also you have issue with your collation, you can fix that with admin tools.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by hayden
Thank you.
I will try this, but I really do not know how to....
I will also look at the admin tools and try to fix what I do not know what is broken

Hayden

More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by hayden
SQL query:

< query > UPDATE `jos_kunena_categories` SET pub_access =1 WHERE pub_access =0;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<query>UPDATE `jos_kunena_categories` SET pub_access=1 WHERE pub_access=0' at line 1

More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by 810
go to sql tab.

And paste this:
Code:
UPDATE `jos_kunena_categories` SET pub_access =1 WHERE pub_access =0

Click on Go
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayden

More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by hayden
SOLVED.....you are so smart. That solved this issue.
Thank you!!!!!
Hayden

Now onto the next issue. I am sure that are more.\\Thanks again

Hayden

More
9 years 3 months ago #7 by hayden
810:

It looks like my categories in this thread are still not public read, only some are. Can you look at this image and see the problem? I have used Kunena for 5 years about, but these new categorie access settings are very confusing, especially since my upgrade.

Here is a picture of the category settings

I would like all categories and subcategories to be public read, but require login to post. Login to post is working, but public read is not for all categories.

Thanks again for helping again.

Hayden
Attachments:

More
9 years 3 months ago #8 by rich
In principle, these settings are correct, exept the red marked categories. Registered users can not see them. Go to the Category Manager and opening these categories. Click on tab Category Permissions and choose "Primary Includes Child Groups: = Yes"
See also here: www.kunena.org/docs/Simple_forum_setup_instructions

Attachments:

More
9 years 3 months ago #9 by hayden
Rich
I see that, but, I have over 50 categories and sub categories. There must be a way to set all of these to...

Public read
registered to post

How can I do that?

I did run the SQL command as shown above, and I thought that fixed it, but now some and most are still no access.

Thanks for the help.

Hayden

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
The issue at the bottom of this topic is one of website administration. The questions asked are about SQL server administration and [one of the] suggestions involved running a SQL query to fix a database problem.

hayden wrote: I used MigrateMe to move my J1.5 Kunena 1.7 to this new J2.5 Kunena 3.06. When I did that, twice, it changed all the categories to nobody access.

Yes, for other people who are reading this topic, the problem here occurs when people are migrating from J! 1.5 to a later version of Joomla. This issue has been discussed before in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category; see Problems after migration from J! 1.5 as just one example.

As far as what tools exist in Kunena to fix the problem, Rich was correct .

Yes, it is possible to write a SQL query in the form of
Code:
UPDATE <table> SET <column> = <value> WHERE <condition>
if you know which table and which column you want to set to a different value depending on some condition but if you make any errors in running these kinds of queries you could destroy your whole forum. Often, in running queries like these, there's no "going back" unless you made a backup of your database beforehand. Unless you are a person who possesses some skill in SQL, running SQL queries can be hazardous to your data.

In the past we were strongly cautioned to limit our advice to using the standard features of Kunena—which is exactly what Rich did and I applaud him for his diligence in that regard. The general warning—written in bold red text—given to all of us by fxstein, one of the founders of Kunena, is here: How To Destroy your forum data...

This warning has not changed even if some people may have forgotten about it.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds