Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Only the topic's writer and admins could post

More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by zyl
Hi. I would like to know how to do that: A forum where only the author of a topic and administrators could answer the topics. No matter if I have to change code, if someone had some tips.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
go to backend - kunena -category manager - edit category "like: suggestion" - Permission - set Access Control Type to "Usergroups" - and set User Groups Allowed To Reply to "administrators"

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by zyl
Thank youk, but the user (not admin) who have created the topic, should be able to post too, not only administrators.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
Unfortunately that's not possible. It would be required for each user a own user group.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
I understand what you want but it's not easy to convert Kunena from a discussion forum component into a help desk system.

Your question has been asked before, the list of topics about using Kunena as a "help desk" application continues to grow and I am not surprised that it's difficult for people to find the information they are looking for. Here are some other topics where your question has been asked and some ideas you might like to consider:

It is possible to convert Kunena into a help desk application but it's not easy and there will be costs involved.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zyl

More
9 years 4 months ago #6 by zyl
Thank you very much. A help desk system is not exactly what I need. It should be like a public question system where only experts could answer. Anyway, your list gives me the advice for not trying to do it with kunena. I'm not afraid to change code, but maybe it is better to try with other tool.

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds