Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Quick reply: Small window & can't change size

More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by Kotsolis
There are 2 issues with the quick reply window.

1)Small window: Quick reply is NOT for those that just want to write two sentences. Quick reply works for the purpose of replying quickly without clicking reply and being redirected in a new window! Obviously users use it to reduce loading times!

Thus, your window is very very small because when I try to write some text over 2 sentences or when I copy-paste a text from a news item, I have to click the arrows so that I browse through the text. Imagine what happens if my text is 20-30 pages.

So you have to make the quick reply box window way larger by default! (in other forum platforms is over 10 times larger! See the image)

oi60.tinypic.com/wiknwh.jpg

However, at the moment I need an immediate fix so that I can make my window bigger. Please give me instructions of the folder-file-line where I can change the height of the quick reply window.

2)I can't change the height of the quick reply window. I think that I should be able to drag it down so that it becomes larger, exactly like in Private messages in JomSocial. Is this the default behaviour? I'd like to see how I can make it larger.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

Kotsolis wrote: 1)Small window: Quick reply is NOT for those that just want to write two sentences.

I understand that's your opinion. B)

Kotsolis wrote: 2)I can't change the height of the quick reply window.

I think I know why you cannot change the size of the quick reply text box on your website. Before I offer you my opinion about why you cannot resize the quick reply text box on your website I would like to ask you a question, please:

Can you resize the quick reply text box here (at www.kunena.org )?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Kotsolis
Yes, I can. Ok I admit that I have an issue!

Can you please tell me how to change the default window size for my forum?
Which .css file do I have to edit and in which line exactly?

Thank you.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

Kotsolis wrote: Can you please tell me how to change the default window size for my forum?
Which .css file do I have to edit and in which line exactly?

You should make CSS custom changes to the end of your Joomla site template file. Unfortunately I do not know the details of your Joomla website and therefore I cannot tell you exactly which file you need to change.

As a general answer to this general question, please read the background article My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ...

If you are good with CSS then you can use a web developer tool like Firebug . If you are not good with CSS then you can ask your site template developer to make these changes for you or you can pay a professional developer to help you.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds