Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Allowed categories does not restrict categories displayed when two forums created

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1 by orthonet
We currently have two forums setup within our Kunena installation
There are two separate menus
- kunenamenu --> Community Q & A Forums
- educationforummenu --> Education Forums

Each has the same structure
Forums (uses Home Page menu type)
- Index (uses Category List menu type)
- Rest of default menu items
can view at beta.orthogate.org/forums/

There should only be 4 categories displayed. These are the 4 at the bottom of the list. They are the only 4 selected in Main Settings Allowed Categories field

Community Q & A
- Index
- Rest of default menu items
can view at beta.orthogate.org/community/

Every categories except for the 4 at the bottom are selected in Main Settings

I have set specific categories for each forum in the Allowed Category List however ALL categories still get listed within each forum.

Shouldnt the allowed categories list under Main Settings tab restrict the categories shown within the specific forum controlled by that menu?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Orthogate | author: Frank Huang | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
i think you found a bug, thanks for reporting.

Looks there is a bug with Allowed Categories, its always "all"

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2663
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by orthonet
You're welcome

Is there the possibility of providing an interim fix before the next release.
Im comfortable editing code just need to know where and what to replace it with.

We are in the midst of a large migration/upgrade and I was hoping to finalize everything over the weekend for launch on Monday.

I would be fine if paid support is required. Thanks for all the hard work.

Best regards
CV

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
In the "Kunena, Menu > Menu item Forum" you can let "Show All Categories". You must define the required sections in the menu item Index. But there is still a problem. You can select only one section ( see here ). We discussed yesterday about a better solution in the team.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by orthonet
Thanks for the update
Is there any chance for a temporary fix?
We just did our migration from phpBB to Kunena with plans to go live on Monday and this is the only outstanding issue.
Right now on our staging server our two different user groups professionals and patients have the same list of all categories and there is no way to restrict unless another level of categories is created. I really dont want to have to create another tier of categories cause the display is not as nice with sub sub categories.
If there is anyway to help support your efforts let me know. Im also happy to help beta test any releases.

Best regards
CV

More
9 years 4 months ago #6 by orthonet
Hi guys. Just checking in to see if there is an option for paid support to resolve this issue.

Please let me know how best to proceed.

Best regards
CV

More
9 years 4 months ago #7 by orthonet
Can I ask why this issue/bug was closed? github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2663 How can two forum menus be used to limit the category list displayed to users without having 3 levels of nested categories ie. section --> category --> category
Ideally you should be able to group Sections under a forum menu which is what this function appears to have been developed for. I really require this feature. What is the best way to proceed to get it implemented?

More
9 years 4 months ago #8 by rich

Can I ask why this issue/bug was closed?

It is closed only the duplicate issue. Here is the same. :)
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/1741

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds