Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question "Poll: Add an option" doesn't work

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by Tormentor667
Dear Kunena Team,

first of all thanks for your brilliant work and dedication to this open-source project. It's simply awesome and I really love what you've done so far.

Unfortunately, I am running into problems using the forum system, especially the "Poll" function. At www.realm667.com/index.php/kunena/let-us-know/topic/create you can find my forum in action, everything works fine so far but unfortunately, the "Add Poll Option" doesn't work at all.

Clicking the + or - is useless, I don't get errors but there is nothing happening. What do I have to do to fix it?

Best regards,
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled

Tormentor667 wrote: Clicking the + or - is useless, I don't get errors but there is nothing happening. What do I have to do to fix it?

I did a quick test. The "+"/"-" buttons rely on a Javascript function to execute and this function relies on Mootools. If the Mootools library is not properly functioning (e.g. you may have another Javascript library loaded that is clobbering Mootools) then these buttons will be "useless", as you say.

That's my reasoning why the buttons are without function on your website. A quick look at the HTML source on your site shows that you're loading a number of Javascript libraries; these are probably loaded because they're needed by other Joomla extensions you're using. One or more of these may be responsible for clobbering the function(s) used within Kunena. I cannot tell you which one(s).

As a general guide, I suggest you read Javascript and Kunena .
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tormentor667

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3 by Tormentor667
Thanks a lot for the reply, I will take a closer look at the topic and also at the functions that are loaded as well. Maybe I will find a solution :)

*EDIT*
I tried to track it down but it is definitely harder than I've thought. What is the best way to find the plugin, component or module which is responsible for breaking the Kunena Poll functions?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Tormentor667.

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled

Tormentor667 wrote: I tried to track it down but it is definitely harder than I've thought. What is the best way to find the plugin, component or module which is responsible for breaking the Kunena Poll functions?

There are several ways:
  • You could try using a standard Joomla template (protostar) and then disable every module, plugin or component that is not a standard feature of Joomla. As you disable each Joomla extension test if you can add poll options.
  • You could start again, with a clean installation of Joomla and then add Kunena and see if you have this problem. At least, this way, you will know that the problem is not a Kunena problem.
  • You could pay someone to do the work for you.
  • You could decide that polls are not that important for your forum.

Most Javascript problems that we have seen are caused by the Joomla template that people have installed. I am not saying this problem is caused by your Joomla template. I do not know anything about your website. You have not provided usw with your configuration report, so I am just guessing.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds