Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Integrating a content plugin with Kunena

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by geirerik
Hi,
I'm hoping somebody can help as I have been unable to find the relevant documentation.

I am a developer, and I would like to be able to add a regular joomla plugin to Kunena (my own(ish) custom). The plugin works great in Joomla itself, for articles, but I need it to work in the forums as well.

I could hack it, but I had hoped there would be something official from Kunena on this. Like an api I could hook into. Enabling Joomla plugins does not work for this plugin unfortunately, the tags {} are visible not the actual content I would like rendered.

-Geir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is the same question you asked in Joomla plugin support . There is not a lot of official documentation from the Kunena team; documentation—such as it exists—is located in the documentation Wiki .

The only information that I was able to find may be out of date. You might find Kunena 2.0 plugins events of some use. Good luck.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by geirerik
Yes, I know about the same question, because I noticed some bit of text saying if you were not willing to pay for an answer in the other forum, then do not expect an answer, so I figured I would try here instead :-)

I will have a look at the pages you mentioned, thanks. A bit of digging around in the code has revealed a couple of interesting leads for hacks if nothing else. Would be nice though to do this in an orderly fashion.

Once again, thanks

-Geir

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

geirerik wrote: ... I noticed some bit of text saying if you were not willing to pay for an answer in the other forum, then do not expect an answer, so I figured I would try here instead

Basically, that is a fair summary of the way that this forum operates.

This site operates on the principles defined in the terms of use and, in general terms, as stated in the second paragraph of the article What is Kunena? .

If the developers are in a position to provide you with more "specific" information, they will do so when they are so inclined. As I wrote in my earlier reply, good luck; I really cannot say any more than that.

If, on the other hand, you think that offering to pay someone to provide you with the information you seek would be a better approach, you might consider the category Custom work - offering to pay .
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geirerik

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by geirerik
Given that this is a free bit of work I do for my local chess club, I doubt paying for it would be an option. Hacking it to do what I want is probably the better option in this case :-)

But thank you :-) I will see how far I get. It is really only for the members to be able to post an FEN string which will bring up a chess board. I already know where Kunena stores stuff, so I can integrate a call to the plugin in order to generate the necessary html.

It seems so easy when you explain it like that :-) Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Once again, thanks.

-Geir

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds