Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Registered users - use only forum

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by soterescon
Hey there,
I hope you are doing well.

I have one small bug.
My forum is accesible but guests and register users at the moment.
The thing is that i only want it to be accesible only by registered users.
When i change the settings/options in order to be accesible by registered users only it dispalys a 404 error (website not found) when a guest visits the forum.

How can i make it instead ofshowing 404 error page to display the registration form for guets?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Can you please create a configuration report?

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by soterescon
yes sure

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_escape_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by Mortti

soterescon wrote: Hey there,
My forum is accesible but guests and register users at the moment.
The thing is that i only want it to be accesible only by registered users.

Only quick view... At least that your menu link is for guests and register... change that for registered only?
screencast.com/t/lXq2m7mQT

or what you mean? You can made forum, that guest can see, but have to be registered user to post in, too

or so that the guests will have access to home, but requires registration?

Please update J! 3.3.4 for 3.3.6 www.joomla.org/announcements/release-new...-3-3-6-released.html (it looks work now on my testings :) ) backup before any changes ;)
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Mortti.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by soterescon
I want the forum to be visible for all users. But i want it to be accesible only by registered members.

For example guests will be able to view the index of the forum but when they click a specific topic the website will direct them to create an account first in order to view the topic.

What i have now is that guest can view any topic. When i change this option and i select the forum to be accesible by registered users the guests can view the index of topic (which this is very good) but when they click a specific topic to open they are directed to 404 article not found and not to forum registration form.

More
More
9 years 6 months ago #7 by soterescon
yes..as i see there is not yet such plugin..right?

More
9 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled
That is correct; there is no plugin or feature like this in the standard version of Kunena, no. As far as I know , I am the only person who has successfully built a "teaser feature" for Kunena.

More
9 years 6 months ago #9 by soterescon
a ok.. thanks for your reply

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds