Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for discussing issues with the K 3.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question K3.0.4 View on mobile phones

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by canberrafishos
New to this and we are running Blue Eagle 3.0.4 on our website. Have been looking in the forum for a fix so the forum topic content viewed on mobile phones does not get cut off - Config file below the photo showing the issue - appreciate any help as a lot of our users are wanting to access via mobile

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_acacia | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, mate.

I reckon I could help here (I live within cooee of you).

A couple of off-the-top-of-my-head suggestions for you:

1) You're running a version of Kunena that is now considered quite out-of-date—K 3.0.4 was released (nearly 10 months ago—and a number of improvements have been made to the Blue Eagle template as in the two releases that have occurred in this time. I know that there are "defects" in the K 3.0.6 Blue Eagle template (as far as how the template renders on mobile devices are concerned) but I would suggest that you update to K 3.0.6 as soon as possible.

There are other reasons why you should update to K 3.0.6 but, as far as this particular questions is concerned, attempting to fix the responsive template issue is certainly one of them.

2) You may also be running an old, out-of-date version of Joomla. The best advice that I can give to people who are "new to this" is to make the effort to keep your software running the latest, supported versions.

I don't know if you're aware that there's a Joomla users group (JUG) located in your area. Local JUGs are a great way to get help and information (as well as meet new people), too—it should be fairly easy to obtain the address of the JUG in Canberra. ;)

If my suggestions don't solve your problem, I have a few templates of my own design that work very well on mobile devices. I hope some of this information helps.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by canberrafishos
Thanks for the information I was hoping there was an easier way as we were waiting for Joomla 3.4 before we did all our updates.

Still not absolutely convinced that this will fix the template, would be interested to know if others have mobile working on the earlier version maybe with a different template. The template is good when you first go into forum just when you go to a topic that it does the cutting off.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
As I indicated earlier, you're using an out-of-date version of Kunena for which there is no support. You have the choice to update or not to update. If you want my personal assistance, you can contact me (I'm fairly easy to track down). ;)

Time to create page: 1.424 seconds