Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Admin Access on Frontend

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1 by RickSchimka
In previous versions of Kunena you could limit which Admin usergroups could access individual forums. Unless I'm missing it, that feature was left out of Kunena 3.0. While I would like my admins to be able to configure the forums from the back end, I do not want certain usergroups to see everything on the forum.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_solar | author: Shared on www.MafiaShare.net | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove spoiler from configuration report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Admin Access on Frontend
Hello,

You need to configure the access rights by category : www.kunena.org/docs/Sections,_Categories...egories_%28Part_1%29

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Admin Access on Frontend

RickSchimka wrote: In previous versions of Kunena you could limit which Admin usergroups could access individual forums.

When you use the term "forums", I am assuming that you mean forum categories. If that is waht you mean then, yes, your statement is correct. Access to forum categories using Joomla user groups has existed as part of Kunena since K 1.0. Access to forum categories using Joomla ACL groups has been part of Kunena since K 1.6.

RickSchimka wrote: Unless I'm missing it, that feature was left out of Kunena 3.0.

See my answer above.

RickSchimka wrote: While I would like my admins to be able to configure the forums from the back end ...

Again, when you use the term "forums", I am assuming that you mean forum categories. You can only configure forum categories from the backend and, therefore, you need privileged backend access (i.e. administrators and super users) ...

RickSchimka wrote: ... I do not want certain usergroups to see everything on the forum.

You can control the level of access to forum categories depending on the usergroup (i.e. Joomla ACL) that the logged-in account belongs to. The means to do this have been part of Kunena for more than 3 years. In this sense, xillibit is partly correct when he referred you to the Wiki. Unfortunately, this very important part of how to configure Kunena forum categories has not been updated for a few years and we do not have a better tuturial available for you.

There are, however, many topics in this forum here that can help you but the specific answer to your specific problem may require more information from you.

I hope some of this helps.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds