Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved A "simplified" Kunena

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by bumpeboy
My members (mostly matured) who are tired of all these social networks have requested to have a simplified kunena. I have pointed out the most requested changes below. Numbers on issues correspond with the numbers on the attached image.

1. I have restricted my forum to registered members only. When unregistered members visit my front page or forum they see image 1. I don’t want them to see that either on the front page or forum link. So how can get rid of the part in mage ONE.

2. This applies to fields marked 2 and 3 in the image.
My users have all agreed that these fields are not needed and i don’t need them as well they are putting unnecessary pressure on my users to fill all those fields and honestly anyone who has all those profiles will not have time for my site. I just want to remain with the basic info under user account. Name, Username, password and email. But i would not mind to keep a field for location/city
How can i remove fields on images TWO and THREE

3. following the same issue on number 2 i don’t want the social icons, how can i remove them as well.

4. Is there a way i can have global settings on this from the admin there is no use of users being able to make this selections. How can i get rid of the entire area numbered FOUR

5. That menu is appearing on the forum two times. At the top and at the bottom. I would like to know how to edit it or remove the bottom one and leave the top one or get rid of both of them.

Please assist me as much as possible. Kind regards

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : purity_III | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : NTS KArgo | author: Nice Theme Store | version: 3.5.1 | creationdate: 2014-02-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.9.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bumpeboy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic A "simplified" Kunena
Giving the full answer is involved, but in short: everything else than 4) can be done by simply removing those parts from the template files. There may also be a way to hide some content by CSS rules.

4) It's a Joomla setting (User Manager > Options > Frontend User Parameters).
The following user(s) said Thank You: bumpeboy

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by bumpeboy
Replied by bumpeboy on topic A "simplified" Kunena

Matias wrote: Giving the full answer is involved, but in short: everything else than 4) can be done by simply removing those parts from the template files. There may also be a way to hide some content by CSS rules.

4) It's a Joomla setting (User Manager > Options > Frontend User Parameters).

Thanks Matias.

Thats issue
4 sorted

Am still waiting for the other three issues.

Issue 1
Issue 2&3
Issue 5

Fingers crossed for help to come.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #4 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic A "simplified" Kunena
...I'm also interested on solve Issue 5
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by joomleb.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic A "simplified" Kunena

joomleb wrote: ...I'm also interested on solve Issue 5

"Issue 5" is a question about how to remove the breadcrumbs that appears at the bottom of the page. To understand this issue better, read Pathway .

More
9 years 6 months ago #6 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic A "simplified" Kunena
The resolution in those screen shots is quite low making it hard to know exactly what fields you want removed. I can provide a CSS mod to hide them, but I need to know exact which fields to hide. ;)

More
9 years 6 months ago #7 by bumpeboy

Josh wrote: The resolution in those screen shots is quite low making it hard to know exactly what fields you want removed. I can provide a CSS mod to hide them, but I need to know exact which fields to hide. ;)

Hi Josh i have reposted new images please check if they are clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8 by Josh
Add this to one of your template css files, save a copy in case your template gets upgraded some day:
Code:
/* Hides Kunena's Pathway */ .kblock.kpathway { display: none !important; } /* Hides Social Profile Icons */ .kprofile-rightcol2 { display: none !important; } /* Hides the Profile Information Tab */ #kprofile-edit dt:nth-child(2) { display: none; }

The file name might be something along the lines of template.css in a css folder of that template. Then to remove the user parameters go to: yoursite/administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_users (yoursite is replaced by the url of your site). Set "Frontend User Parameters" to hide. :)

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #9 by bumpeboy
Josh thanks a lot it worked fine. Thanks a lot :)

Thats issues:
Issue 2 sorted :cheer:
Issue 3 sorted :cheer:
Issue 4 sorted :cheer:

Am still waiting for the other two issues.

Issue 1 :unsure:
Issue 5 :unsure:

To perfect it
Is there a way to choose or edit a field from IMAGE number 2? The county and city field have vanished as well and thats all i needed from that field. Can i just activate only those?

While still on the profile:
How can i get lock usernames and have users to log in using email and password am using joomla,kunena and social login?

Thanks for the help that you have offered so far i do appreciate.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bumpeboy.

More
9 years 6 months ago #10 by Josh
It was a little tricky considering Kunena does not provide classes for any of those fields. By using a pseudo class I was able to select the proper field (tables didn't play nice with me either). Anyways remove the following from your CSS file:
Code:
/* Hides the Profile Information Tab */ #kprofile-edit dt:nth-child(2) { display: none; }

Then insert the following into the CSS file to hide most of the fields and keep some:
Code:
/* Hides most social fields but keeps signature and location */ .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow2:nth-child(3) { display: block !important; } .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow1:last-child { display: block !important; } .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow1, .kblock.keditprofile tr.krow2 { display: none; }

Regarding the email issue, might I suggest checking out Authentication - EMail

As for issues 1 and 5: So you want Kunena completely hidden from guests? I'm a little confused by what you mean on #5 regarding "that menu".

Time to create page: 0.692 seconds