Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question K 3.0 - Can users create own private post and invite some users?

More
9 years 8 months ago #1 by probos
Hello,

I installed latest version of Kunena forum to my joomla 2.5 site.

I wonder if there is option or some extension that allows me this:

1) Registered user can create new post and set this post as PRIVATE or PUBLIC.

2) In case that user set post as PRIVATE, will be hidden in forum but he can just copy and send LINK to other people / members (to email) and invite them to this post. basically everyone ho will get this link can write to this post.

3) in case he choose public, post will be as classic kunena post.

Is this possible ? Or can anybody help me how to do this? Any extensions for this ?

Thank you very much.

* Sorry for my english :) :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

probos wrote: 1) Registered user can create new post and set this post as PRIVATE or PUBLIC.

There is no option in Kunena for a registered user to do this.

probos wrote: 2) In case that user set post as PRIVATE, will be hidden in forum but he can just copy and send LINK to other people / members (to email) and invite them to this post. basically everyone ho will get this link can write to this post.

There is no option in Kunena for a registered user to do this.

probos wrote: 3) in case he choose public, post will be as classic kunena post.

See answers to your other questions. There are options in Kunena for users to send information in confidence to forum moderators (and for forum moderators to send information to other forum moderators in confidence) using the confidential BBcode tag. There are also ways that information posted within a topic can be hidden from others who are not registered at the site.

There are ways that certain topics can be classified as "private" by the site owner who can then "invite" (in a very general sense) selected members of the site to join those topics. But there is no mechanism (at the moment) for registered users to perform the actions you have asked about as part of normal usage of Kunena. People can, if you allow them, use a third-party, add-on private messaging extenstion private messaging extension but I not sure if that is what you were asking about. :dry:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds