Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Changing the boardcode options

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by remco123
Hello,

How do I change the boardcode options? I don't want my users to be able to place any html code and even all the other options in the menubar. Only the smileys should be allowed.

(As an alternative users may post HTML code after a certain number of postings.)

I also want to hide the "Topic Icon" bar or at least configure which icons are shown.

Can you please show me how to fix this?

gr,
Remco
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by remco123. Reason: error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by Matias
In Kunena you cannot currently easily disable BBCode, but you can hide the buttons by changing your template.

Topic icon selection is by default only visible to topic starter and moderators. There's also automatic mode which is configured from Frontend > Selectable Topic Icons

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #3 by remco123
ok the topic icon thing is fixed but about the boardcode options you say:
"you cannot currently easily disable BBCode"

not easily but doable I presume? So it is possible by hacking the .php file

And the other option "but you can hide the buttons by changing your template".

How is that done? In my template manager I use blue eagle and when I choose Edit, under Button Set I can only choose from default/bluebird/graybird/blackbird/whitebird.

Plz let me know.

gr,
Remco
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by remco123.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Well, there is.

You can add and hide buttons from here:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/mast...na/bbcode/editor.xml

But that will not disable BBCode from a user who knows how to use it. If you want to disable BBCodes themselves, you should remove them from here:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/mast...na/bbcode/bbcode.php (line 265+)

Of course those are just hacks in the library and they need to be reapplied every time you upgrade Kunena.

More
9 years 7 months ago #5 by remco123
Ok thanks, I will try to figure this out.

But maybe for a new version you can build in the function that you can disable those buttons from the backend, just like the ebay buttons etc.

That would be keep some spamming out.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds