Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Cannot fully edit forum profiles (avatar etc)

More
9 years 8 months ago #1 by MaydayJoey
Date first setup (new install) = 7/24/14
Joomla 3.3.3
Kunena 3.0.5
no other add-ons
Brand new installation (infact, same issue one two different hosts: ipage and hostgater)
Current host: Hostgator
PHP.ini = set factory = meet minimum requirements
mootools enabler = ENABLED
Template = protostar - default

From Joomla:
OS Linux g
PHP 5.4.29
MySQLi 5.5.37-35.1
Time 10:46
Caching Enabled
GZip Disabled

So, I see a bunch of older threads about this issue, but really some pretty generic solutions. I'm not a coder so I can't poke around and see what is wrong, but I have done enough coding to change things if you tell me what needs to be changed.

You can change things like your name, passwords, email etc. But you cannot add FB/social site information or change your avatar, there is simply no option for it.

I really need help with this, I've read the FAQ and checked things like the PHP setup, mootools, etc and do not see an issue this is also from a clean install.... three times.

P.S. as a side note:
I've had other issues with templates not loading correctly and using other templates yields the entire profile editing useless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by MaydayJoey
you might need this:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by MaydayJoey.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3 by rich
You are using gravatar. You can use either gravatars, or avatars. But not both together.
Go in backend to "Kunena > Plugin Manager" and disable the plugin "Kunena - Gravatar Integration".
You can also disable the following plugins. You have not installed these extensions.
Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Integration
Kunena - JomSocial Integration
Kunena - Community Builder Integration
Kunena - UddeIM Integration
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
rich is correct. This issue is discussed in the topic Users are unable to change or upload avatar images (Gravatar plugin is enabled) .

This topic is not about problems that people have during the installation of Kunena; this is one of those problems that often come up afterwards. I think this topic should be moved to the K 3.0 General Questions category; perhaps one of the moderators might do that for us. :)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled

MaydayJoey wrote: I've had other issues with templates not loading correctly and using other templates yields the entire profile editing useless.

I'm not quite sure I follow. Am I right in understanding that using certain kinds of Joomla templates prevents you from being able to click the profile Edit link? :dry:

Or is the problem something entirely different? :unsure:

More
9 years 8 months ago #6 by MaydayJoey

sozzled wrote:

MaydayJoey wrote: I've had other issues with templates not loading correctly and using other templates yields the entire profile editing useless.

I'm not quite sure I follow. Am I right in understanding that using certain kinds of Joomla templates prevents you from being able to click the profile Edit link? :dry:

Or is the problem something entirely different? :unsure:

ok to explain:
- Originally I didn't try to use the default template, when I changed it to a j! 3.0 compatible template everything worked except for the table that would allow you to edit your profile. You click on the "edit" button and it would switch but nothing would show up, the area where the table would be is blank.
- If I switch to one of the stock templates it's fine, which the exception to the avatar. but I do have another problem, if I load an advanced template with custom modules when set to default only loads the features article, background and logo. I see reading through forums that there might be a script error and a setting wrong somewhere. Note that SOME templates load ok but present the issue with editing forum profile.

ALSO:
- turning off the gavater setting fixed the issue with the avatar.

So the only issue I have to fix now is being able to properly load templates.

More
9 years 8 months ago #7 by MaydayJoey
Thank you! That worked!

rich wrote: You are using gravatar. You can use either gravatars, or avatars. But not both together.
Go in backend to "Kunena > Plugin Manager" and disable the plugin "Kunena - Gravatar Integration".
You can also disable the following plugins. You have not installed these extensions.
Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Integration
Kunena - JomSocial Integration
Kunena - Community Builder Integration
Kunena - UddeIM Integration

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled

MaydayJoey wrote: Originally I didn't try to use the default template, when I changed it to a j! 3.0 compatible template everything worked except for the table that would allow you to edit your profile. You click on the "edit" button and it would switch but nothing would show up, the area where the table would be is blank.

I think I understand the symptoms better now. I'm guessing that you were getting the symptoms as described in one of the following topics:

where people were using Joomla templates loaded with Javascript that was incompatible with Mootools . Would that be what happened in your case, perhaps?

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled

MaydayJoey wrote: So the only issue I have to fix now is being able to properly load templates.

I'm not sure that I understand what this is about but is sounds like it's a different problem. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new topic about that problem. ;)

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds