Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Invalid Field Name:

More
9 years 8 months ago #11 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Invalid Field Name:
try with default joomla template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #12 by Dariuas
Replied by Dariuas on topic Invalid Field Name:
So I changed the template, and it worked just fine....

So what is the deal here? lol.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dariuas.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Invalid Field Name:

Dariuas wrote: So what is the deal here?

Let my try to explain the "deal" in broad terms.

1) Some Joomla templates do not always work with Kunena. We discuss this problem in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... . We cannot always fix these kinds of problems and we suggest that you contact the developer of your Joomla template to ask if they have a solution.

2) I saw that you were using a template from Shape5.com. We have received a few questions from people who use templates from Shape5.com. Most of these problems have been fixed by disabling one or more extensions that are included with those templates and sometimes the developers at Shape5.com have fixed the problems. Occasionally, however, there may not be any other alternative except to use a different template and that is just the way things are, sometimes.

3) We are not saying that all templates from Shape5.com cause problems with Kunena. We are not even saying that it is the templates from Shape5.com that cause problems. We are, however, saying that we know that some people have had problems with templates or other Joomla extensions from Shape5.com and people need to understand the difference. Some of these problems have known solutions or workarounds and, in some cases, we do not have the answers. Every case reported to us is different.

So, in summary, the "deal" is that we have found the general cause of your particular problem and the workaround is to use a different template that is compatible with Kunena. There are thousands of templates that are compatible with Kunena ... not only the default templates that are included as standard when you first install Joomla.

I hope this explanation helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dariuas

More
9 years 8 months ago #14 by Dariuas
Replied by Dariuas on topic Invalid Field Name:
I appreciate the response.

I do however find myself displeased with it. While it is the reality of the situation, it is one in which I, as mentioned find dissatisfaction in. For a number of reasons.

First: As you mention, there are thousands of other Joomla templates available. Equally there are plenty of other forum software's out there that I could use instead. Having already had someone invest time in this templates look and feel, albeit not a huge change, but time invested none the less.

Second: The forum seems to be part of the issue as much as the template, because when a user is given administrative rights they are able to upload a theme with no issues.

Finally: The save button is the function that does not work, the cancel button works just fine. Now, I am an admitted novice at this, but when I look at the code behind the scenes the calls for both default, and Shape5 templates seem the same:

<input type="hidden" name="task" value="save">
<button class="kbutton ks validate" type="submit">Save</button>

In closing: I feel like the easier solution would be potentially finding the fix across the board. This would save those users of both Shape5 and Kunena this problem in the future. I have enlisted the assistance of a friend of mine who, at a quick glance thinks she may have discovered what is wrong; however, she won't know until tomorrow. I will of course update you guys on this and perhaps the fix will come from a response to this thread. But I would ask that you do not immediately suggest users swap themes because of something like this.

Respectfully,
Dariuas

More
9 years 7 months ago #15 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Invalid Field Name:
Unfortunately we do not have access to shape5 templates, which makes it impossible to figure out what might be going on.

On a quick look there's no text "Invalid Field Name" defined in either Joomla or Kunena, which means that there has to be some 3rd party plugin/module/template that interferes with our logic.

The only way to find out what's going on is to do what people already suggested: change templates to the default ones and to start by changing the template to the default one and look if the issue gets fixed. If not, then the issue ISN'T the template. If it isn't, you need to continue by disabling the custom plugins and modules to look if one of them causes it.

We aren't suggesting you to change your template in your live site. We are just suggesting that by disabling custom extensions one by one you are able to locate what causes your issues, which in turn will allow the issue to be solved.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #16 by PaulG1
Replied by PaulG1 on topic Invalid Field Name:
Hi - I had the same issue - Invalid field: when adding editing profile to add avatar as registered user

Solution - When I add something to the Signature Field I was then able to upload an avatar.

So I would suggest this is a bug.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by PaulG1.

More
9 years 6 months ago #17 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Invalid Field Name:
Hello,

Can-you put here please your Kunena report configuration settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #18 by nsprime
Replied by nsprime on topic Invalid Field Name:

PaulG1 wrote: Hi - I had the same issue - Invalid field: when adding editing profile to add avatar as registered user

Solution - When I add something to the Signature Field I was then able to upload an avatar.

So I would suggest this is a bug.

Same case here: It only works when you add something to the signature field.

Kunena 3.0.6 on Joomla 3.3.6 with Shape5 Template

Kunena integration settings:
AlphaUserPoints :Disabled
Community Builder : Disabled
Gravatar : Disabled
JomSocial : Disabled
Joomla :Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena : Enabled: avatar=1 profile=1
UddeIM : Disabled

Anyone found a solution?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nsprime.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #19 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Invalid Field Name:

nsprime wrote: Same case here: It only works when you add something to the signature field.

Anyone found a solution?

It is a known problem with the S5 Register module. We discussed this problem in the topic S5 Register module prevents saving changes to Kunena user profile unless signature is non-empty .

The solution is to not use the S5 Register module on your website.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nsprime

More
9 years 4 months ago #20 by nsprime
Replied by nsprime on topic Invalid Field Name:
Thanks sozzled. That works.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds