Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Custom Kunena Menus for different categories?

More
9 years 8 months ago #11 by imaaxx

rich wrote:

However it seems i must have the menu button for each section or it will lose the override and display the default site template (no override).

Yes, that's correct. You need menu button for each section. You can hide the tabs via css afterwards. That's the easiest way.

This seems to be very cumbersome way of doing this. Is there no better way?

Also what about this question?

Will they ever make it so that we can use the New menu option "Home" to have different versions, this to me seems like it is already built in as the home menu button allows the selection of specif categories and or sections. If i could simply make new Home pages say home, home2, home3 and so on it would be the easiest way to do this. I have tried to make a home2 but it simply does not work and always defaults to the home, is there some way to use this and get it working? Or is this something planned for future versions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #12 by rich

I'm sorry, but this is the easiest way. You want a very comprehensive Forum. This will require some time and Work.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13 by imaaxx

rich wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is the easiest way. You want a very comprehensive Forum. This will require some time and Work.

OK, your forums do everything we want, and the thing is it seems like this functionality is already built into it. Please consider adding this feature in the near future. Or a link to submit requests for new features.

Can you please provide information on how to hide the menu items with CCS as i am not sure how to do this.

Regards

More
9 years 8 months ago #14 by rich
If you want all tabs are hidden, then go in backend to "Kunena > Template Manager > Blue Eagle" and disable it.
If you want only single tabs are hidden, then use Firebug and search the items from the tabs.
www.kunena.org/docs/Firebug
for example: your new tab has item987
Then add at the end of your Joomla! template.css the code
Code:
.item987 { display: none; }

More
9 years 8 months ago #15 by Matias
How I've done this in the past is that you start from a site that has only Kunena Menu.

Copy Kunena Menu into two other locations Game1 and Game2. After that just go to 'Forum' menu item of both Game1 and Game2 and click on 'Main settings' tab. In there you can see 'Allowed Categories', where you list only those categories which belong to the current game. After this you just need to assign the same stuff (modules, template) for all Kunena sub menu item.

If you do the same for Kunena Menu as well, you have forced Kunena to stay in the current menu structure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: imaaxx

More
9 years 8 months ago #16 by sammy66
Ok well i have created these new Category lists menu links in my Kunena menu, and selected the category i wanted in each one, then linked my menu to this new link and it works well. I have only a few issues, am i not able to select more then one category in the lists menu option? it seems like i should be able to. Also i lose my template overrides once the user clicks into the forums under this category. Is there a way to keep the template overrides for the entire section?

More
9 years 8 months ago #17 by imaaxx

Matias wrote: How I've done this in the past is that you start from a site that has only Kunena Menu.

But what if the site is already live and has a main menu in it, is there no way to do this without deleting all other menu items?

Thanks for your support, i knew there had to be a way in the existing code as it seemed to me like it was already there.

Best Regards
Alan

More
9 years 8 months ago #18 by Matias
You can alter existing menus as well, the way you do it doesn't matter as long as the end result is what you want.

I think I'm going to look deeper into this issue and try to figure out how to solve it in a real multi-forum support for Kunena 3.1...

Right now the support is somewhat limited and sometimes also hard to do it in a right way. For individual categories without a Kunena menu on top of it, you can just create category menu item and at the same time remove the item from the main Forum menuitem. If you want to keep the menu, you need to copy the whole menu to the new location and assign wanted sub-categories to the new item as well as removing them from the main menu.. And so on.

More
9 years 8 months ago #19 by imaaxx

Matias wrote: I think I'm going to look deeper into this issue and try to figure out how to solve it in a real multi-forum support for Kunena 3.1...

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I would love to see a true Multi-forums support in Kunena. Will you update this posting when you have added this into the new Kunena 3.1? so we can help test it for you once its ready?

Kind Regards
Alan

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds