Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Getting Duplicate Notifications to Admin

More
9 years 8 months ago #1 by GeJay
I've been getting duplicate notifications in my inbox of forum posts. My Joomla email address is one address, whereas the Forum from Email is a support email address and Kunena is set to send Administrators notifications of All new posts. My email inbox is getting duplicates. There is also only one Administrator (me).

Any idea what this could be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Sorry for the late answer, I missed this question.

The only way (that is known to me) to get duplicated posts is to set the Users > Subscriptions > Visible E-mail Recipient to match your primary email. That is catch up email, which should be set to an existing email account that you create for the purpose..

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by GeJay
No worries about late reply...however, I'm a bit confused. Are you suggesting I enter in the same email address as my primary Joomla email or "not" to have that there in that field?

To be honest, what should be done is to have a setting for the forum to set a primary email address(s) of choice to use for sending notifications to the admin and bypass the Joomla primary email. For example, I run the forum as a support tool and I want notification of any posting by users to go to "one" specific email address such as [email protected] to have sent to but also show as received from....Is this not possible?

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
I'll try to explain:

If you set Kunena to sent a single email to multiple recipients, they shouldn't be seeing each others email addresses. In order to do that, Kunena puts all the users to BCC. But unfortunately that doesn't work unless there is a visible TO address.

What it means is that you need to create email account for that TO field in order to pass spam detection. It's as simple as that. If that catch-all-email wasn't there, nobody would get the emails.

You can do whatever you want with that email address, but if you put there your primary email, you will get a lot of emails from Kunena. For example if you have 1000 subscribers in a topic or category, Kunena will send 10+ identical emails (depending on your settings) to the account. This is because of sending single email to more than 100 users is also considered as spamming.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds