Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Idea Kunena customisation on ijoomla support forum

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Just thought i would let kunena know, that ijoomla have implemented some pretty cool features to their kunena support forum. www.ijoomla.com/component/kunena/publisher-light/

One that is really useful, is the ability to filter by certain fields.

They have also implemented a 'labelling' type feature, which means they can utilise kunena as a support forum.

This is sort of along the lines of my idea for a flexible label system in kunena, to allow people to customise how they use kunena (eg classfieds system, support forum, discussion board, etc etc). To see my idea again www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-3-1-issues-a...ts-not-solved-button

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by woonydanny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2 by Matias
iJoomla is using older version of Kunena in their sites, which makes the features hard to port to the new version. Nevertheless I've been talking with them and they have provided me their custom code and some updates to it as well.

The fatures iJoomla has implemented have also been in my plans for about 2 years already; just never had change to actually implement those.

We are currently looking what to implement after the next version of Kunena is out and features like this are a main candidate to be included -- perhaps as a paid plugin, not sure yet. We will probably not take iJoomla code because of the deprecated version they are based on, but I have already taken a look on how they do it.

On labels/tags we also have some ideas on how to do it.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

More
9 years 8 months ago #3 by woonydanny

Matias wrote: perhaps as a paid plugin

yes, i think the core of kunena should remain free, but other features that can be added on should be commercial to keep income ticking over for the team :)

On labels/tags we also have some ideas on how to do it.

ok great, i will leave it in your capable hands, one my point would be that people don't just use kunena as a support system so just including a 'solved' label does not suit everyone. I know utilising the joomla tags system is not suitable and i wouldn't want that anyway, so kunena should introduce their own feature for admins to create 'labels', any that they like, and then have ability to set who can assign posts to labels.

So you could set it so anyone can assign their own posts to a label, or set it so that only moderators or admins can assign a label. Also, make each label be able to be restricted who can assign posts to it. For example, someone could submit a post and assign it themselves to a 'For Sale' label, then once the item they are selling is sold they can change label to 'Sold'.

Or if using as a support system, people can post and can assign a label showing status of ticket 'Not Resolved', 'Resolved' etc

Admins could have a label that only they can assign posts to. Eg Could have a label called 'Site Sponsor' or 'Advertisement' if a post is made that has been paid to be made (like an infomercial).

Hope this might help when designing the system :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds