Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena migration from Joomla 1.5.26 to Joomla 3.3.1 issues

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by nickza
Hello
I am busy migrating a website with Kunena from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3

The process i use is pretty straight forward. I export the kunena db from j1.5 and import them into j3, then install kunena on j3 and it updates and upgrades the db tables great. All works fine, but for a couple of things.

Obviously, i have already exported the users successfully from j1.5 using another component.

All the posts and categories are imported successufully. However, in the login module in Kunena, when logged in with an imported user, has the following error:

Welcome, username
Last Visit Date:
Notice: Kunena: Timezone issue! in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/kunena/date.php on line 107

Warning: DateTime::setTimezone() expects parameter 1 to be DateTimeZone, integer given in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/date/date.php on line 398
Today

Also, when i click on a username to view their profile, i receive the following Joomla error:

0 DateTime::__construct() expects parameter 2 to be DateTimeZone, integer given

Help me Obiwan Kenobi. You're our only hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am not sure that what you have done is the best way to approach the problem.

It may help - I am not promising anything - if you could post your configuration report here. Do you know how to post your configuration report? I can help you with that, if you require help.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #3 by nickza

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by nickza.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
As you probably know, I provide a professional service to migrate websites from J! 1.5. It is not an easy job - it usually takes me a day or more - so I know that it can be quite tricky.

If you would like me to finish the job that you started, you can contact me by email. However, if you are prepared to work these problems out for yourself (and you have all the time in the world to do this) I will do my best to help you.

One of the biggest problems that people encounter, after they've moved data from a J! 1.5 site to J! 3.3, is to remember to reapply all the category permissions to all the Kunena forum categories. This is because J! 1.5 did not support ACLs - ACLs were first incorporated (as standard) in J! 1.6. Did you remember to review all your forum category permissions?
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
Hmm.. It looks like your migration script from Joomla 1.5 brings invalid parameters with it. Kunena wouldn't be the only place which will have issues with the invalid value. Easiest way to fix the issue is to reset params field in #__users table to either empty string or '{}'. That will clear all user settings, like timezones and preferred editors, but it's small price to pay from 1 minute job.

Another possibility is to convert those integers into real timezone strings, but it's going to be very hard job with PHP script going through all the users.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds