Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Users unable to edit profiles

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by ajschwin
Greetings!
I am having an issue with Kunena 3.0.5 on Joomla 3.3.1(Recent migration from J1.5 to J3.3)
Reading through some similar issues from past posts/FAQs seems to make me think it is a mootools issue but I am not certain that is it and/or not knowledgeable enough to fix it. I would be glad to pay someone to straighten this out or at least lead me in the right direction!
Any help is much appreciated
Picture of issue:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 480 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_chapelco | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.3 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by Flips
Replied by Flips on topic Users unable to edit profiles
Hello everyone,

I also installed the same problem but with the new site.

Joomla! 3.3.1
Kunena 3.0.5

Template T3 (also tried with Beez 3)

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
Flips: We are aware of problems with the very old Beez3 template (I'm surprised if people still use it). There is a fix for the Beez3 template - I am sure that I read about it here on the forum - that was mentioned on the Joomla forum . I just can't remember the exact location

The problems with not displaying the tabbed areas (for "non-standard" Joomla templates) in the Kunena user profile is a Mootools issue. This is almost certainly caused by a Javascript conflict created by a Joomla extension that messes up Kunena. This question has been asked many times on the forum. Where this "other Joomla extension" came from, I cannot say (but there's a good chance that it was included with the template that you are using). I suggest that you look at the FAQs page (which may give you a few hints).

In answer to ajschwin who wrote

I would be glad to pay someone to straighten this out or at least lead me in the right direction!

I am available, at reasonable rates, if you want personal guidance.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by Flips
Replied by Flips on topic Users unable to edit profiles
Hi, beez3 template I used it as a test and despite the suggested changes still does not work, I will verify mootools or will install a template for just the forum, thank you!

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : t3_bs3_blank | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.1.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ] | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.9.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Flips.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by ajschwin

sozzled wrote: Flips: We are aware of problems with the very old Beez3 template (I'm surprised if people still use it). There is a fix for the Beez3 template - I am sure that I read about it here on the forum - that was mentioned on the Joomla forum . I just can't remember the exact location

The problems with not displaying the tabbed areas (for "non-standard" Joomla templates) in the Kunena user profile is a Mootools issue. This is almost certainly caused by a Javascript conflict created by a Joomla extension that messes up Kunena. This question has been asked many times on the forum. Where this "other Joomla extension" came from, I cannot say (but there's a good chance that it was included with the template that you are using). I suggest that you look at the FAQs page (which may give you a few hints).

In answer to ajschwin who wrote

I would be glad to pay someone to straighten this out or at least lead me in the right direction!

I am available, at reasonable rates, if you want personal guidance.

Thanks for the reply Sozzled
If you are willing to try to fix the issue, shoot me an email at 'ajschwin AT arrowheads DOT com'

More
9 years 9 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Users unable to edit profiles
There can be more solutions please try this:

1) Change joomla template.
2) Disable all none joomla/kunena plugins, then enable plugins one by one.

regards 810

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds