Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Moderation

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by rlstephens
Moderation was created by rlstephens
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I looked everywhere and couldnt find an answer...

I have a "For Sale" category that is set to no moderation. Some users are able to post, others require moderator approval. I have no moderators on that category, but I do have 2 global moderators...

Any idea why it could be happening?

Configuration:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gmarcmain | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Moderation
Please upgrade your Joomla and Kunena first. Latest are Joomla 2.5.22 and Kunena 3.0.5. But create a backup before!
Then disable the Kunena Plugins:
Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Integration
Kunena - JomSocial Integration
Kunena - UddeIM Integration
And at the plugin Kunena - Community Builder Integration choose "Enable Access Control = No".

Change the link Forums in the top menu to "Menu Item Alias". www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_menu_issues
Code:
144 Forums topmenu view=home&defaultmenu=133
Then test, whether everything works correctly.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by rlstephens
Replied by rlstephens on topic Moderation
Done. Will let you know if this helps...

Robert

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by rlstephens
Still requiring moderation...???
Updated configs:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : gmarcmain | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Moderation
The key to solving this mystery lie in what you wrote at the beginning:

rlstephens wrote: I have a ... category that is set to no moderation. Some users are able to post, others require moderator approval.

The key to solving the mystery is to identify what is different to those users who can post without requiring moderator approval compared with those who do require moderator approval.

I see that you are using Community Builder. This could be part of the reason but may not have any bearing on the issue at all. The first thing that I would do would be to look at how you have set up the access to the category. The second thing that I would do is to change the forum integration plugin settings to the values shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

Also, unless you purchased and separately installed the Community Builder PM feature, the last setting in the Kunena - Community Builder plugin has no effect as far as I know.

More
9 years 9 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Moderation
Here is a similar topic. The user also had the right settings and it did not work. Maybe it's the same problem.

www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...al-for-all-the-posts

More
9 years 9 months ago #7 by rlstephens
Thanks for the quick response. I have made those changes.
As for the users, they are all identical, nothing special for end users...

The category looks like:
Access Control: User Groups
Primary User Group: Registered
Include Children: Yes
Secondary User Group: Registered
Include Children: Yes
User Group Allowed to Post: Registered (and sub groups)
User Group Allowed to Reply: Registered (and sub groups)
Locked: No
Review Posts: No
Allow Anonymous: No
Post Replies As: Registered
Allow Polls: No
No moderators assigned.

Not sure what else to look for...???

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
As I wrote, earlier (in reply to your opening comment):

rlstephens wrote: I have a ... category that is set to no moderation. Some users are able to post, others require moderator approval.

The key to solving this mystery is to figure out what's different in that one category between those who can post without requiring moderator approval against those who need their messages approved.

What rich wrote would apply to all new users on all categories (not the one category that you are having problems with).

When I look at your configuration report, you appear to have the correct (default) setting:

Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Moderate New Users = 0

That's what rich was talking about.

If the same users - those who need their messages approved - are able to post in other categories on your forum and not require their messages approved in other categories then the global configuration setting I've mentioned should have no effect. Can you confirm that the issue is isolated to only the one category you mentioned in your opening post?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by rlstephens
Thanks All.
I've applied the changes recommended from the other post as well. It appears it could be related to first time posters, which that setting was set to "0" (thinking that meant never)...

I do have 2 global moderators...

Will watch for a while...

Robert

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled

rlstephens wrote: I've applied the changes recommended from the other post as well. It appears it could be related to first time posters, which that setting was set to "0" (thinking that meant never)

Well, yes, 0 means "never". What this value actually means is,

... a number of posts [on a user-by-user basis]. If the user has less posts than specified in this field, all his messages are marked to be reviewed by moderators prior to publishing.

Therefore, if a user has made no posts then that person does not require their first message to be approved by a moderator. If the value is 1 (and a user has made no posts) then that person will require their first message to be approved by a moderator. If the value is 2, then the first two posts, and so on and so on.

Remember, if you set this value higher than zero, all the user's messages will require moderator review until the total number of messages posted by that user has reached this value. If a user still has messages waiting moderator review action, this can affect the "problem".

The real question, however, is what happens with first-time users who post in other categories that are similarly configured with Review Posts = No (as your "For Sale" category is currently configured).

You have mentioned (a couple of times in this topic) that you have 2 global moderators. I am not sure what is important about this fact but thank you for telling us.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds