Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question "Who is online" (guest) count is wrong

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1 by GODpleasers
Under the Who Is Online it claims that we have Total users online: 1 Member and 17 Guests Online. We believe the 17 guests is wrong is there a fix for this bug?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by GODpleasers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by coder4life
Hello GODpleasers,

Actually this is not a bug but how Joomla! reports sessions and keeps history of the number of sessions. Joomla sessions are used to allow us to understand who is available. These sessions are configured in Joomla to expire after a specific time. It also possible that robots (search engine crawlers) will report as a session.

In a nutshell nothing we can do, and it is a design flaw in the implementation of Joomla sessions that has been there for years.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
code4life is correct.

This has been a "running sore" discussion both here (and within the broader Joomla community) for many years. For your information, you might like to look at some of the background to the discussion >>> here <<<
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by GODpleasers
Ok so what do we change in Joomla?

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
You need to change the session handler - the part of the Joomla core that handles how sessions are managed in the database - as code4life mentioned, the way that sessions are expired. This is something that we've asked the Joomla development team to look into for a long time.

I haven't been following the discussions within the Joomla framework team and so I'm not really qualified to speak about those things. Perhaps you might like to search around the Joomla forum or start a discussion topic there.

This issue has been kicking around the Joomla community for years and I'm fairly sure that I'm right in saying that this is not specifically a Kunena problem. Here's evidence of that: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=309594 and www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?2...module-info-required

I don't know if that helps but it might get you started on searching for something that we can discuss.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by GODpleasers

sozzled wrote: code4life is correct.

This has been a "running sore" discussion both here (and within the broader Joomla community) for many years. For your information, you might like to look at some of the background to the discussion >>> here <<<

:P Just checked and apparently this is fixed in the most recent version of Joomla. We are still inj25 haven't migrated over yet cause for one we cant get it to upgrade and for 2 we are waiting on some bugs in some of our components to be resolved first. :whistle:

More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by ruud

GODpleasers wrote: :P Just checked and apparently this is fixed in the most recent version of Joomla.

Do you have a source for this? I am running the latest Joomla on several sites, but do not see any change in this behavior?

Because we have a session lifetime of 60 minutes, the number of guests online actually represents the guests online in the past 60 minutes.

Maybe an idea to have that message saying:

Total 2 Members Online and total 797 Guests Online in the last 60 minutes.

sharing = caring

More
8 years 10 months ago #8 by GODpleasers

ruud wrote:

GODpleasers wrote:
Do you have a source for this? I am running the latest Joomla on several sites, but do not see any change in this behavior?

;) Here is the source but it is closed for maintenance...

godspeaksinternetradio.com/joomla30test/
:blush: If you pm us or contact us some how privately we will make you a user name and password for it.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds