Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question User subscriptions and forum performance

More
9 years 9 months ago #31 by Matias
I just visited the forum and the forum itself seems to be fairly quick. There aren't that many messages either, which means that even if there was some missing index or bulk update on the tables, it shouldn't affect the performance that much.

I've not run anything like this before and I believe that the reason why it's been open for so long as unresolved is that nobody has a glue on how to fix the issue.

I believe that the only way to solve this issue is to add some timer points to the code and look at what is what is taking all that time. For basic profiling you can enable KUNENA_PROFILER define inside administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php line 16 and to prevent posting from redirecting the page in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php around lines 215-221 and comment out the redirects. But I doupt that it helps much without adding some timer points into the code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #32 by ninjastar
I appreciate your comments. I've removed the automatic subscriptions and that has partially helped, but that doesn't mean that someone hasn't subscribed to that particular topic and therefore slow it down again. We couldn't have more than 20 people on a single subscription so it's not dictated by email limit.

Although I know how to edit code, I really don't know to add the things you mentioned. Yes it is frustrating, but thanks anyway.

More
9 years 9 months ago #33 by Matias
I think that your issue is something that's worth to investigate as I think we've had few other reports with similar slow page loads which only happen during the posting. This kind of issues are so rare that we have not been able to track the issues down -- in fact I do not know when was the last time I've seen this kind of issue. It has to be months or even a year ago.

If you give me super administrator access and permission to mess up your site (I would prefer if you made a copy of it in the same server), I can try if I can track this down with a few custom builds. I'm not promising anything, but in this way there's a change to learn where this major slowdown might occure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninjastar

More
9 years 9 months ago #34 by ninjastar

Matias wrote: I think that your issue is something that's worth to investigate as I think we've had few other reports with similar slow page loads which only happen during the posting. This kind of issues are so rare that we have not been able to track the issues down -- in fact I do not know when was the last time I've seen this kind of issue. It has to be months or even a year ago.

If you give me super administrator access and permission to mess up your site (I would prefer if you made a copy of it in the same server), I can try if I can track this down with a few custom builds. I'm not promising anything, but in this way there's a change to learn where this major slowdown might occure.

I can give you access to duplicate the site. I assume you need FTP access?

More
9 years 9 months ago #35 by Matias
Actually all I need is to have super admin rights to the site. Please make sure that the same issue exists in the new site, though... I will disable emailing before starting my tests.

You can put the login information inside
This message contains confidential information

More
9 years 8 months ago #36 by ninjastar
Ok, here's a new one to add. This morning after posting a few answers on my forum, I get this "Could not instantiate mail function." And guess what, there is no delay in posting. No hang ups, no delays.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds