Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question User subscriptions and forum performance

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by ninjastar
Hello everyone. I'm having a problem with my forum. it takes from 8-12 seconds to actually submit a post to a topic. The only thing I can attribute this to is the auto subscribe that I turned on. I turned it on at the request of some users and to keep traffic up on the forum. Is there any reason why it takes that long?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by ninjastar
I turned it off and it doesn't seem to make difference. Topics that have only one or two responses post in 5 seconds. Topics that have over 4 pages of responses, take up to 20 seconds.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by ninjastar
More testing. So if I hit submit and then quickly press "recent topics", the reply shows up instantly.If I don't do that, it takes up to 20 seconds. I spoke with my server company and they don't know what it could be. I still think it has to do with sending emails out to all subscribers.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #4 by ninjastar
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : theme1339 | author: TemplateMonster.com | version: 2.5 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : JF Social | author: JoomForest.com | version: 2.0 - k_3 | creationdate: 20.08.13

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ninjastar.

More
9 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, ninjastar, and welcome to Kunena.

We notice that you have edited your configuration report (I understand your reasons) but you might like to read "Confidential information" - what does that mean? so that you understand our reasons for asking people to not do what you did. We will still try our best to help you without the information you removed but you should also know that it may take a little longer.

ninjastar wrote: The only thing I can attribute this to is the auto subscribe that I turned on.

I do not know anything about the "autosubscribe" feature that you may be using. Are you, perhaps, referring to Auto Subscription for Kunena ?

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #6 by ninjastar

sozzled wrote: G'day, ninjastar, and welcome to Kunena.

We notice that you have edited your configuration report (I understand your reasons) but you might like to read "Confidential information" - what does that mean? so that you understand our reasons for asking people to not do what you did. We will still try our best to help you without the information you removed but you should also know that it may take a little longer.

ninjastar wrote: The only thing I can attribute this to is the auto subscribe that I turned on.

I do not know anything about the "autosubscribe" feature that you may be using. Are you, perhaps, referring to Auto Subscription for Kunena ?

Thank you for the welcome, Sozzled. I can supply you the link if you like.

Yes, I thought it had to do with the auto subscription and the number of posts made to a particular topic. I've turned the auto subcription off now in Kunena, but barely see a difference.

As I mentioned, if you reply , press "Submit" and quickly press "Recent topics", it seems to update instantly. If you just press "Submit" and wait, it just seems really long to post a reply.

Correction- It is not the Auto subscribe that you pointed me to. It's in the Kunena configuration menu under Users>subscriptions>Topic Subscriptions>Email every update
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ninjastar.

More
9 years 10 months ago #7 by Mortti
You are using old Kunena version(3.0.3), latest is 3.0.5.

sozzled: maybe his "autosubscribe" feature is this? --> screencast.com/t/vsjo0pXlCiD

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled

ninjastar wrote: I've turned the auto subcription of in Kunena ...

I will ask you again, what are you referring to? I do not know anything about any automatic subscription feature ("auto subscribe" as you called it) built into Kunena unless, perhaps, you are referring to a privately-developed extension called Auto Subscription for Kunena . Is this what you are talking about?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 10 months ago #9 by ninjastar

sozzled wrote:

ninjastar wrote: I've turned the auto subcription of in Kunena ...

I will ask you again, what are you referring to? I do not know anything about any "auto subscription" built into Kunena unless, perhaps, you are referring to a privately-developed extension called Auto Subscription for Kunena . Is this what you are talking about?

Correction- It is not the Auto subscribe that you pointed me to. It's in the Kunena configuration menu under Users>subscriptions>Topic Subscriptions>Email every update

More
9 years 10 months ago #10 by rich
You have complete countries (such as Austria) on your black list. This can extend the loading times.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds