Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Unable to edit user profile

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by elixir brokers
am using joomla2.5 with kunena forum
*i have an issue that the user cannot edit his own profile from the frontend cant change the avatar or add any information
also i cant edit the avatar from the back end

*and when i creat a new topic the text area have no editing buttons same as here in your forum
i mean i need to change the text alignment or ake it bold italic etc

please i need your suggestions what shall i do .

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : sj_financial | author: YouTech Company | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by elixir brokers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Unable to edit user profile
G'day, elixir brokers, and welcome to Kunena.

K 3.0.1 was released in June 2013 and was made obsolete by K 3.0.2 in August last year. J! 2.5.11 was released in April 2013 and was made obsolete by J! 2.5.13 in July last year. I am surprised that you are using out-of-date, superseded versions of Joomla and Kunena and it is only now that you have discovered these issues.

The first thing you should do is to upgrade Joomla to the latest stable version for J! 2.5 - currently this is J! 2.5.19 - and then you should update Kunena to K 3.0.5.

Both of your current problems - unable to edit user profile and the BBcode toolbar items do not work - are related to the same cause: Javascript.

You should read Javascript and Kunena in the Wiki.

The reason that you are having your problems is because you have installed a Joomla extension on your website that loads a Javascript library which is incompatible with, and overrides the operation of, Joomla's Mootools Javascript library. Kunena requires Mootools to work.

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by elixir brokers
Dear
I do what you wold me to do joomla upgraded and kunena upgraded
But the the issue did'nt solved
what shall i do

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : sj_financial | author: YouTech Company | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Unable to edit user profile
I think that your problem is related to the question of a Javascript library conflict on your Joomla website. I suggest that you read Javascript and Kunena for more guidance.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds