Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question "Responsive" signature image?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #1 by jimrowland
Is it possible to make the signature image responsive, like the images inside the posts? As you can see here, the inside-post image as been scaled down to size by the responsive html from the kunena code. However, the same image used as a signature has pushed everything off to the side, and you no longer see my profile information over there on the right -->

Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by jimrowland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
I removed your signature from your user profile because it made it impossible to read messages posted by you.

As far as your question is concerned, you are asking about resizing images on-the-fly depending on what device you use when you view them. You will need to write your own image resizing handler function or, if you're super-clever with CSS, maybe you can do something with that. We have had topics before on this subject of what to do when someone tries to use an image that grossly large and messes with the layout of people's forums. I haven't done the search for you but my recollection is that we discussed something along these lines between 3-5 years ago.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #3 by jimrowland

You will need to write your own image resizing handler function

But there is already one built into Kunena. If you view this thread on your phone, you will see that my image inside the above post scales down beautifully. Kunena is doing that already. Inside the post, but not inside the signature area.

Each of those images were linked to the same URL... the one inside the post scaled, the one inside the sig did not. As you can see from the below screenshot taken while viewing this topic on my phone.

I removed your signature from your user profile because it made it impossible to read messages posted by you.

Which wouldn't be necessary if Kunena handled the images in the signature area the same way it handles images in posts. I've been trying to figure out how to make that happen, but I have not been sucessful. I don't think I need to write my own... it already exists - I just need to tap into it. I'm only wondering if anyone knows how, because I don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by jimrowland.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

jimrowland wrote: I'm only wondering if anyone knows how, because I don't.

I'm sorry but, as my epithet states, "i'm just a user, mate" and i don't deal with this kind of issue in the forums that I participate in or those that i manage. I understand that, among certain communities, it's the practice to use images as forum signatures - and I have no problem with that - but that using oversized images can be a website administrator's worst nightmare because they mess up the hard work they've done to keep things neat and tidy.

I have my own approach to that problem, of course, and that's why the "remove the offending signature" feature exists in the moderator's/administrator's "weapons arsenal".

From a technical perspective, I don't know how to do what you want to do, either. Sorry, mate.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Try adding this to your Blue Eagle kunena.responsive-min.css
Code:
#Kunena div.kmsgsignature img {max-width:100% !important;}

It's something that is being worked on - here is the Github report (made today)

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2353

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds