Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved "Forum is down for maintenance" issues

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Kotsolis
I get this message today:

Forum is down for maintenance
Check back soon!

Look here -> www.gameworld.gr/forum

I didn't change any files! Is this really a maintenance from your own side? And how long does it last? It's the first time I wake up early and I already see it for half an hour! There might be an issue here or hacking attempt, whatever!

I need immediate solution because people need to vote in a contest that is running!

Also this poll has dozens of pages (they might be over 50 pages of posts) and I hope that there is no mysql error due to Kunena!

Report Configuration

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-08-2014' at line 1 SQL=SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM jos_kunena_messages29-08-2014

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check:

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 72000 seconds | Max execution memory: 2048M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : whiteboard | author: Opensource | version: 2.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

Edit: Forum is back online. I changed session from 3600 seconds to 1800 and cache time from 3 minutes to 5 minutes.

Question: How can I configure the forum maintenance to be scheduled in the day/hour that I want?

Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The forum goes in maintenance mode when you try to install a new version and it's fails.
Untill this issue is solved the forum stays in maintenance mode.

You see the following SQL error when you are in the page to generate configuration report ?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-08-2014' at line 1 SQL=SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM jos_kunena_messages29-08-2014

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by Kotsolis
"Forum is down for maintenance" again.

I don't have the latest version. But I didn't have the latest version for weeks! So why is the component insisting to install the new version by making me lose my patience?

Look at those errors!

How can I solve them and how can I disable maintenance. I want the maintenance to happen only Sunday early morning 03:00 local time. Once per week! Nothing else! We have 12 o clock in the afternoon and Iam losing viewers right now which try to access the forum!

So give me exact instructions on how to set it once per week at the above hour.
Thanks.

ps. That is the error:

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Kotsolis.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #4 by xillibit
You need to check the permissions under /joomla/cache because Joomla! can't write in it

The query is incorrect it should be SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM jos_kunena_messages

Check that you have under plugin - system the plugin Kunena right installed and enabled

Forum goes in maintenance mode if something is broken into Kunena or if you are installing/updating Kunena

Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Kotsolis
Ok, I have lots of questions:
1)The "Forum is down for maintenance" and all those errors dissapear only when I purge cache through SSH. So that is the issue. You are saying that I should give 775 permissions to all folders under /cache ? Or even 777 ? Before the permissions were 755 and now I did it 775. Would that be ok?
2)Why does the maintenance cause issues to JComments? Comments temporarily dissapear from all articles while noone can leave a comment. Why are those connected to each other?
3)My hard disk was out of space when I found those errors today. Do you think that this is related somehow with the maintenance not going on?
4)Am I required to upgrade to the latest version? Does "Forum is down for maintenance" appear more often so that I will have to upgrade?

Please reply in numbers.

OFF-TOPIC: Also I wait for a reply HERE for weeks !

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by xillibit
1°) The permissions set to 775 are ok, you need to check too that the owner of cache directory is right the server apache to let Joomla! to be able to write by himself in cache directory
2°) There are nothing related to JComments and Kunena, i don't see what thing can cause that
3°) If you hard disk is full, you can't save new data int database, you need to have empty space else you will into issues. You need to check mysqll and apache to see what it say maybe you will discover some issues.
4°) During the upgrade process the "Forum is down for maintenance" will appear

Your site is hosted by a hoster or locally ?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Kotsolis
2)When the Forum is down for maintenance, then JomSocial comments dissapear, as well as Social network buttons from JFBConnect. I don't know what the problem is. Locate it and fix it so that JComments are NOT disabled! All Joomla sites use JComments!

Tell me also a way to manually make Forum maintenance. Whenever I want.

3)About empty space
Ok, I have found out that when Iam out of empty space then Forum's maintenance never stops! So this actually disables my comments.

These are the errors that are shown in the Administration panel:

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING
Error loading component: com_k2, 1
Error loading component: com_content, 1

Is there a command or setting so that I can control Kunena to not go for maintenance when the disk is ex. under 10GB? Or Even return from Maintenance status to normal when the disk space goes low and continue to run. This will also solve the issue.

Finally my site is hosted in a web hosting company, in a dedicated server.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by xillibit

Kotsolis wrote: 2)When the Forum is down for maintenance, then JomSocial comments dissapear, as well as Social network buttons from JFBConnect. I don't know what the problem is. Locate it and fix it so that JComments are NOT disabled! All Joomla sites use JComments!

Tell me also a way to manually make Forum maintenance. Whenever I want.

You can't set manually to prevent the forum to goes int maintenance mode

Kotsolis wrote: These are the errors that are shown in the Administration panel:

Error loading component: com_k2, 1
Error loading component: com_content, 1

Is there a command or setting so that I can control Kunena to not go for maintenance when the disk is ex. under 10GB? Or Even return from Maintenance status to normal when the disk space goes low and continue to run. This will also solve the issue.

Finally my site is hosted in a web hosting company, in a dedicated server.

By looking the errors when you don't have enough space, the component K2 and the content component from Joomla! are prevented to be loaded

Do-you have a very active forum ? You need to set a cron job to send you an email when the disk goes under 5 Gb by example. The mail need to be send enough time before that the disk is full to let you to increase his size.

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds