Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Deactivate shortening of "last post" information in forum view

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1 by Marioverehrer
Hello Kunena community,

I have a question regarding the title display in the forum index view "Last Post: Thread Title". If a thread title is too long, it will only show a certain amount of characters/words of the thread title and after that it will display three dots "...". Is there a way to deactivate this function or to increase the amount of shown characters before the title is shortened?

Thanks for your help,

Marioverehrer

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_metro_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.0 | UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Marioverehrer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
See How to extend "last post" in Kunena front page for the answer.

For your information, you do not have JomSocial installed on your site and, therefore, you should uninstall the plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3. These plugins do not work with K 3.0.

Also for your information, I suggest that you change your forum integration plugin settings to the values shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by Marioverehrer
Thanks for your advices for my board settings. I tried to make all the changes you suggested.

Regarding my problem it seems that I have to pay to get access to the information for solving this problem. I will think about it. In your sign up process you say that one gets access to premium downloadable content. Is there a place where I can see what kind of DLCs you offer?

Best regards,

Marioverehrer

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I need to be very careful here about what I say about my own personal business— terms of use (Section 7: Advertising).

As you probably saw in the topic How to extend the length of "last post" on Kunena index pages , the person who asked this same question as your wrote

mecenat wrote:

I will gladly pay.

In actual fact, he didn't pay and, as far as I know, he still doesn't know the solution.

I think that the arbitrary limit of 20 characters in the "last post" details is unreasonable and it would be a fair comment to say that the Kunena development team should fix this so that the limit was configurable as a template setting. As far as I know, the developers have no plans to make this change in K 3.0 or K 3.1.

I have shown you where the information can be obtained. If it's worth a few dollars to get that information then I will leave the matter for you to decide. :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by rich

I think that the arbitrary limit of 20 characters in the "last post" details is unreasonable and it would be a fair comment to say that the Kunena development team should fix this so that the limit was configurable as a template setting. As far as I know, the developers have no plans to make this change in K 3.0 or K 3.1.

These option is already included in Kunena 3.0.7 dev. After the next Kunena upgrade is this function available.

More
9 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

rich wrote: These option is already included in Kunena 3.0.7 dev. After the next Kunena upgrade is this function available.

Just so that people understand this

1) K 3.0.7 DEV is not available to the public;

2) there are no release notes about K 3.0.7 to show people what changes are included in this version; and

3) there is no timeframe about when K 3.0.7 will be released.

That's why I used the phrase "as far as I know" because I have not seen these things.

More
9 years 5 months ago #7 by rich

That's why I used the phrase "as far as I know" because I have not seen these things.

It's your issue report at git. :D
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2570

More
9 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
I have no way of knowing if the idea I suggested works or can be tested because there is no installation kit for K 3.0.7 DEV available.

More
9 years 5 months ago #9 by Marioverehrer
Thank you very much for your help! I actually found the solution by myself, but the github link nails it as well. This topic is solved for me.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds