Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved CAPTCHA incorrectly shown?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #11 by rich
Replied by rich on topic CAPTCHA incorrectly shown?
I have noticed these problems with Joomla 3.3. But no idea why it is so.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic CAPTCHA incorrectly shown?
We're still guessing as to why one of your users is seeing the CAPTCHA challenge when you do not think that person should be seeing it. I'm beginning to question if it's something "peculiar" about this person's account or if it's something peculiar about your configuration that we don't yet know. I am basing my conclusion on the fact that you seem to know a lot about this person's account; I am assuming that you have seen first-hand evidence of the issue yourself. In other words, I am asking if you have logged in to your site with this person's account and you have seen the "CAPTCHA problem".

Do you allow anonymous posting in any of your forum categories?

Go to Category Manager » <select-category> » Category Settings » Allow anonymous messages = Yes

Do you have any categories like that?

The next question is: does the "CAPTCHA problem" happen whenever this account posts a message, or only those messages where the user chooses to remain "anonymous"?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic CAPTCHA incorrectly shown?
I realised that I had spent (wasted) the last 15 minutes writing a reply and the question has been resolved. :blush:

*** To the forum moderators ***

Please mark this topic resolved and archive it

It turns out that the problem is caused by a defect in Kunena and/or Joomla. Perhaps this is something that the development team may like to investigate.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago #14 by rich
Replied by rich on topic CAPTCHA incorrectly shown?

It turns out that the problem is caused by a defect in Kunena and/or Joomla. Perhaps this is something that the development team may like to investigate.

I think it's a Joomla problem. I have noticed more similar problems. Sometimes user can no longer login in Joomla. After save it works again.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds