Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Fatal error - clean new installation - MySQLi database

More
9 years 8 months ago #11 by gwrl11
I am getting
Sorry, installation failed with following error:
Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/{site}/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /{site}/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /{site}/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296
Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /{site}/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

Add it crashes rest of site. until uninstalled.

This is both on a working site and a fresh reinstall.

I would like to use this forum but until I fix it I cant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #12 by gwrl11
tried your solution. still getting same errors.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13 by Matias
The above errors mean that for some unknown reason api.php inside administrator folder doesn't either load properly or has wrong contents in it.

There is another thing I suggest: compeletely remove Kunena, unzip the archive and try to install zip files inside /packages manually so that you will install com_kunena as the last package. Before installing the component itself:

* make sure that components/com_kunena and administrator/components/com_kunena do not exist
* go to the plugins and find System - Kunena Forum and enable it

After that the installation should succeed; if not, let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwrl11

More
9 years 8 months ago #14 by gwrl11
I cleaned the install again,
unzipped the items.
each installed fine.
as you suggested used com_kunena_v3.0.5 last
went to Kunena forum in component menu same error
I have not wiped the site to reload using this option yet.
Do you think it will be needed? Can you think of anything else to try if it does not work?

Thank you

More
9 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled

gwrl11 wrote: Can you think of anything else to try if it does not work?

I am not promising anything - in fact, I do not know if this will help - but it may help if we could see your configuration report which we have not yet seen. To find out how to produce your configuration report, watch the video vimeo.com/69818669

More
9 years 8 months ago #16 by Matias
Alright.. So basically there's something very odd going on in there. As sozzled said, it would be benefitical to get some information from your site, such as php and joomla versions -- I don't think that configuration report works if the installation fails.

Login details to super administrator account should allow us to play with the installation process and try to track the issue down, too. If you put those details inside
This message contains confidential information

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #17 by theITfactor

Matias wrote: The above errors mean that for some unknown reason api.php inside administrator folder doesn't either load properly or has wrong contents in it.

There is another thing I suggest: compeletely remove Kunena, unzip the archive and try to install zip files inside /packages manually so that you will install com_kunena as the last package. Before installing the component itself:

* make sure that components/com_kunena and administrator/components/com_kunena do not exist
* go to the plugins and find System - Kunena Forum and enable it

After that the installation should succeed; if not, let me know.

I'm having the exact same problems as everyone else when attempting a fresh install of 3.0.6. I tried all of the above, including clearing the cache, to no avail. The System - Kunena Forum plugin is definitely enabled but I get the same errors everyone else is getting when I try to access Kunena in the administrator components backend:
Code:
Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 12 Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 13 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/******/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 281 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296 Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in /******/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 699

Extracting the install package and installing each one individually starting with the plugin gave no errors - it wasn't until I tried to access the component in the backend that it gave the above errors.

One curious thing I noticed is that during the install a folder called "KPATH_ADMIN" was created in the /administrator directory, and it contains an empty 0 byte "install.php" file. Is there an error in the install script somewhere that is accidentally creating this directory and file instead of what it should be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Code:
Database Version 5.5.38 Database Collation utf8_general_ci PHP Version 5.5.17 Web Server Apache/2.4.10 (Amazon) PHP/5.5.17 WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable [ Ember ] 01-October-2014 02:00 GMT Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by theITfactor.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds