Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Need help with CSS edits for Kunena Blue Eagle template after upgrading to Kunena 3.0.6.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I recently upgraded my Joomla 2.5x site to Joomla 3.3x. I also upgraded all my extensions including for Joomla 3.3x so I am now using Kunena version 3.0.6.

I need help with CSS edits for Kunena Blue Eagle template after upgrading to Kunena 3.0.6 because the link and text font colors/sizes are no longer using my custom CSS but are instead using the default Kunena colors/sizes.

I read the Kunena forum announcement and the Wiki doc article but I don't think they're related to my CSS problem because I'm using the Kunena Blue Eagle template with my online forum:
www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-blue-eagle-te...-kunena-link-colours
www.kunena.org/docs/My_Joomla_site_templ...kes_a_mess_of_Kunena

Here is the link to my testing site Kunena forum: 2test-directory.nemmar.net/forum

Here is the custom CSS code that worked great on my prior version of Kunena before upgrading to v3.0.6. Can you let me know what Div or Class changes I need to make so these CSS colors/sizes will work with Kunena 3.0.6?
Thank you for any advice!!

/* This edit changes the Kunena forum template link colors */
#Kunena a:link {text-decoration: underline; color: #800000 !important;}
#Kunena a:visited {color: #000066 !important;}
#Kunena a:active {color: #800000 !important;}
#Kunena a:hover {color: #006600 !important;}

/* This edit changes the Kunena forum text */
#Kunena div.ktopic-title-cover a {font-size: 13px;}
#Kunena div.kthead-title a {font-size: 0.75em;}
#Kunena div.kcc-subcat a {text-decoration: none !important;}
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nemmar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
css lines are ok, you need add it on your joomla template
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3 by nemmar

810 wrote: css lines are ok, you need add it on your joomla template

Hi 810,
Thank you for posting a reply.
I have those CSS lines in my site template custom CSS file which is the CSS loaded last by the template when a page opens. I can't understand why it's not working since I also have the !important setting in the code.

I know the custom CSS file edits work for all the other lines of CSS code I have in that file. Is there something about the Kunena forum extension that overrides the site template CSS with the Kunena default CSS?
Firebug seems to show that kunena.default-min.css:1 is overriding the custom CSS lines of code. I don't know why.

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nemmar.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #4 by 9themestore
Hi,

I have just checked your issue and tried to debug by Firebug add-on. Some reasons all CSS rules in the custom have been override by default template. I added the "body" tag before each CSS line in the custome.css file. You can download the attachment file and upload to css folder on your site. Refresh your site after upload.

Hope this helps

Update: Sorry I can't attach the css file to this post. Please provide me your email address. I'll send you file via email.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by 9themestore.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by nemmar

9themestore wrote: Please provide me your email address. I'll send you file via email.

Hi 9themestore,

Thanks for the reply.
1) Can I PM you my email address since I don't like to post it online for spam bots?
Or can you paste the updated Kunena CSS code lines into a post reply? I don't think I need the whole custom.css file from my site template, just the Kunena lines of CSS code should be fine.

2) Will adding the <body> tag to the CSS code have an impact on the rest of my site template and pages (non Kunena site pages)?

3) Do you think it's a bug in Kunena that the extension dev's should know about? If yes, where should I post the link to this thread so the dev's can fix the bug in the next Kunena upgrade?

Thanks.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

nemmar wrote: 1) Can I PM you my email address since I don't like to post it online for spam bots?

For over 2 years there has been no PM facility here at this website.

nemmar wrote: 3) Do you think it's a bug in Kunena that the extension dev's should know about? If yes, where should I post the link to this thread so the dev's can fix the bug in the next Kunena upgrade?

There is no "bug" here in Kunena that I know of. If there was a "bug" then thousands of websites would have been affected.

Sometimes things don't go "according to plan" when you upgrade Joomla or upgrade Joomla extensions including when you change your Joomla site template. Most Joomla site templates work with Kunena and some of them do not. The only other thing I can say at this time is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ... :)

nemmar wrote: I have those CSS lines in my site template custom CSS file which is the CSS loaded last by the template when a page opens.

This is true.

nemmar wrote: I can't understand why it's not working since I also have the !important setting in the code.

Normally, that is also true but, as you probably understand about cascading style sheets, the style cascades down (from the earliest to the last one loaded). Therefore it's the last of the !important directives that will override anything defined earlier. So it's important to know if your custom CSS file is loaded before or after another CSS file used on your site. In Joomla, component CSS files are loaded first, then module CSS, then site template CSS and lastly CSS relating to Joomla plugins. Kunena is a Joomla component, therefore the Kunena template CSS files are loaded "early" in the process.

99% of the time people should never change the kunena.default-min.css file—if you change it, you can make a mess and paint yourself into a corner when it comes time to update Kunena later (because the file is overwritten) unless you create your own Kunena template (which is not the easiest thing in the world to do).
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 5 months ago #7 by 9themestore
Hi Nemmar,

You can copy below CSS rules to replace the old CSS rules in the custom.css.
Code:
/* This GC edit changes the Kunena Discuss text color and size under articles */ body div.kdiscuss-title {color: #000000 !important;} body div.kdiscuss-text {font-size: 12px; color: #000066 !important;} body div.kdiscuss-quick-post-label {color: #000000 !important;} /* This GC edit changes the Kunena forum template link colors */ body #Kunena a:link {text-decoration: underline; color: #800000 !important;} body #Kunena a:visited {color: #000066 !important;} body #Kunena a:active {color: #800000 !important;} body #Kunena a:hover {color: #006600 !important;} /* This GC edit changes the Kunena forum text */ body #Kunena div.ktopic-title-cover a {font-size: 13px;} body #Kunena div.kthead-title a {font-size: 0.75em;} body #Kunena div.kcc-subcat a {text-decoration: none !important;}

I think, It'll work fine on your site.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #8 by nemmar

9themestore wrote: You can copy below CSS rules to replace the old CSS rules in the custom.css. I think, It'll work fine on your site.

Hi 9themestore,

Yes, by adding "body" to the front of the CSS lines works great! I really appreciate the advice.

Thank you very much!!!

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds